A Sheep Or Asleep At The Wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Nice example this morning of how dangerous it is to be driving a large metal box when your in a rush to get somewhere.

Cycling down a slight incline on a road with parked cars on either side, I notice a gap in the parked cars on the right which relates to the position of a side road. I see a car waiting to turn right, they pull out off they go no problems. Then the spider sense starts to tingle as I see another car at the junction also turning right, the focus of their attention is to the right.

Cover the brakes, ease of the peddling, just as I get to the side road they pull out into the lane I occupy without once looking left. As soon as they start to move forward I start to brake as it is obvious what they are going to do. I could have had a million lumens of front lights plus the "highest high viz" high viz jacket in the world and it would have made no difference. I also believe the type of vehicle would not made any difference either as they just did not look at all.

They gave a pathetic wave as to say sorry but for that sort of manoeuvre sorry does not cut it, a less experienced road user may not have been so lucky. Without the pre-emptive measures I took it would been a very scary incident, more than likely a crash. It is also quite strange when drivers do something stupid they feel the need to drive away as fast as possible.

It must be that Friday feeling :tongue:.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
im in the shead working on a pooh there pants button and handelbar mount ,ie i press they soil, sick i know but hey what fun :thumbsup:

Mozzy

fitting an Airzound ?

Oh I love my Airzound. Makes me jump everytime I press said button
tongue.gif

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
They got AirZounded which resulted in their feeble wave of apology, they probably were completely clueless I was there until blasted by the horn :sad:.

akb

Veteran
decipher ^

Lol, my sentiments exactly.

im in the shead working on a pooh there pants button and handelbar mount ,ie i press they soil, sick i know but hey what fun

I'm in the shed, working on a 'poo-their-pants' button, with handlebar mount. For example, press said button and they soil. Sick (correct) I know; but hey, what fun.

Do I get a prize? It took me a while though!

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Why, if you had already anticipated what they were going to do?

Now I have reviewed the video I can give a more detailed answer, I used the horn as they pulled out, it did not stop them pulling out but they avoided pulling completely into the lane I occupied giving me anescape route if needed.

Plax

Guru
I've actually had this but when I was in a car and had a car on my left waiting to pull out (from a cemetry no less). I had one of those slow motion things which was probably only a millisecond bet felt like forever where I thought "shoot she's not looked once in my direction and she's going to pull out!" She then started to move out and then looked in my direction last minute, panicked and hit the accelerator instead of the brakes. If she hadn't have hit the accelerator I'd have successfully managed to avoid her, instead she shot out and a gazillion miles an hour instead. Still I suppose I stopped her driving straight over the other lane and into the wall.

Top Bottom