A simple question: Do you wear a helmet?

Do you wear a bicycle helmet when riding your bicycle?

• Never

Votes: 49 18.5%
  • Very rarely

Votes: 23 8.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • About half the time

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Most of the time

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • Almost all of the time

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • Always

Votes: 100 37.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The rock that did this damage would have left me at the very least needing stitches rather than just a new cycle helmet.

Ah but perhaps they felt safer lobbing the rock at you because you were wearing a helmet and they wouldn't have without in case they killed/seriously injured you. :whistle:

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Yes thanks,does that make me a bad guy?

Davidc

Guru
So you'll wear one if some student who organises a sportive asks you to, but not if laws oblige you to?

I'm sure your radical, law-breaking ways will change pretty sharpish once you're hit with the first £60 fine!

How did this thread resurface?

The answers are yes, provided he asks and doesn't insist, and that the probability of any enforcement is diminishingly small, but I'm one of a number who together will push the Australian defence here if compulsion arrives and the opportunity arises

Being in H&S i used to wear mine some of the time, on the basis it was my choice etc !
having had a clipless moment following installation of spd's last week, i fell hard on my knee and smacked helmet hard on car hard enough to graze forehead inside the helmet.
Always make kids wear them, and as the lad only got round 100 deg of a 180 degree corner the other day, it is just as well !
Hence now voting "always" :B)

Licramite

Über Member
always - helmets have saved my life in other circumstances - didn,t stop me being concussed but without it I wouldn,t have survived- and I,ve been involved in dealing with accidents involving severe head injuries
we are fragile creatures and I,m not lucky enough to think it won,t happen to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom