A simple question: Do you wear a helmet?

Do you wear a bicycle helmet when riding your bicycle?

• Never

Votes: 49 18.5%
  • Very rarely

Votes: 23 8.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • About half the time

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Most of the time

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • Almost all of the time

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • Always

Votes: 100 37.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not a thread for debate of pros and cons.

Though it would be interesting to know if you wear one only on the mountain bike or only when participating in organized events which require them. Do you have more than one helmet? Different helmets for different bikes? Only wear one when out with the kids?

Facts only please.

col

Legendary Member
No, never have. Dont intend to either, although I probably should.

Gary E

Veteran
Oh dear. Religion, politics and cycle helmets!

Got a couple and wear them all the time (not both at the same time obviously). I also insist my kids do the same.

That said, I have no axe to grind here and I believe it's purely personal preference.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I voted 'no', but then realised that I have worn one on the track, and road-racing long ago (when 'hairnets' were the only thing). But not for normal cycling.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Very, very rarely. Going down Ventoux (pressure from other half), FNRttC (somewhere to mount extra lights) and NZ (legal requirement).

HovR

Über Member
I voted never, although that isn't technically true. I wore a helmet when on the road in the US last summer, as it is compulsory. By choice I wouldn't wear one.

Edit: Compulsory in some areas, not all.

I voted 'most of the time' as most of the time I'm mountain biking. On the road I have to wear one when competing or riding in any sort of charity ride.
Also, as mentioned, there's no compulsory helmet laws here in the US unless you're under 16 and then only in some states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom