A simple question: Do you wear a helmet?

Do you wear a bicycle helmet when riding your bicycle?

• Never

Votes: 49 18.5%
  • Very rarely

Votes: 23 8.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • About half the time

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Most of the time

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • Almost all of the time

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • Always

Votes: 100 37.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Mountain biking or track cycling. I keep telling myself I'll wear one if it's icy but my route to work doesn't really suffer from ice.

Svendo

Guru
It's a bit like a car seat belt, it feels like I'm almost naked when I notice I've not got it.
The straps also hold my earphones in nicely, to mix notorious debates!

Panter

Just call me Chris...
MTB - always

Road - always used to but after reading up on here decided not to anymore. Then, had a crash and fell off. I was doing around 12mph and hit my head quite hard on the road, and it hurt.
Felt really silly as that's the sort of accident helmets are supposed to protect against and so I now wear one on the road.
I know that it's controversial, and that if I had been wearing one at the time then maybe I could've suffered a rotational injury but I suspect that I'd have been OK but without a headache, bruising and abrasions on my head.

Each to their own though

screenman

Legendary Member
Always.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Usually on the local roads; going to the office I don't, as I've decided to turn myself into a person on a Brompton rather than a cyclist - I now commute in a suit rather than lycra.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I always wear one when mountain biking, and nearly always when commuting or on leisure/pleasure rides with other people whose riding skills are an unknown quantity. Solo on-road fun rides, I prefer a flat cap.

and I own two, with a third about to be purchased.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I hardly ever wear one these days, but if it's icy, if I'm in a group with people whose riding skills I'm unfamiliar with or if I have to (sportives etc), the lid goes on.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I hardly ever wear one these days, but if it's icy, if I'm in a group with people whose riding skills I'm unfamiliar with or if I have to (sportives etc), the lid goes on.

Ditto.
Had to wear one in US... not compulsory by law, but club rides insist on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom