A simple question: Do you wear a helmet?

Do you wear a bicycle helmet when riding your bicycle?

• Never

Votes: 49 18.5%
  • Very rarely

Votes: 23 8.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • About half the time

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Most of the time

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • Almost all of the time

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • Always

Votes: 100 37.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Terry Kay

I wear mine when commuting but not when on cycle trails.. Usually have the kids with us then and keep to slow speeds.
Yes, I realise helmets supposedly only protect you falling off a stationary or slow moving bike, but I'd rather have something else hitting other traffic or the roads first..

col

Legendary Member
I wear mine when commuting but not when on cycle trails.. Usually have the kids with us then and keep to slow speeds.
Yes, I realise helmets supposedly only protect you falling off a stationary or slow moving bike, but I'd rather have something else hitting other traffic or the roads first..
They can also lesson the injury at faster speed too you know, now Im going to hide^_^

martint235

Dog on a bike
With the exception of some of our recumbent and trike fans, are all the "Never"s really "Never"s. I answered very rarely because it is very rarely, I don't wear a helmet to commute or to ride on most of the rides I go on. However I've been on a track once in the last year and had to wear a helmet so can't say "Never". The "Very Rarely" just seems statistically low compared to an absolute "Never".

Just saying.

ohnovino

Large Member
Voted "about half" because I didn't want to sit down and work out the exact split!

I don't wear it when it's going to be inconvenient to carry it around (e.g. going shopping) or when I don't want to arrive with a sweaty head, but the rest of the time I'll wear one.

col

Legendary Member
With the exception of some of our recumbent and trike fans, are all the "Never"s really "Never"s. I answered very rarely because it is very rarely, I don't wear a helmet to commute or to ride on most of the rides I go on. However I've been on a track once in the last year and had to wear a helmet so can't say "Never". The "Very Rarely" just seems statistically low compared to an absolute "Never".

Just saying.
Never even owned one.

HovR

Über Member

The poll probably needed another option - "Only when law or event rules deems to compulsory, I wouldn't by choice"?

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Very interesting, thanks everyone.

Was anyone else expecting to see a lot more 'alwayses' and 'almost alwayses' from a poll of the members of a cycling forum?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Very interesting, thanks everyone.

Was anyone else expecting to see a lot more 'alwayses' and 'almost alwayses' from a poll of the members of a cycling forum?
Yes, I would have, but over 18,835 members, how many voted? Maybe you need to give it more time.
I voted "always" :rolleyes: btw, maybe it's a :girl:thing, it would be interesting to see the votes split by gender, think guys maybe feel more restricted in movements by a helmet?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Mostly I wear a helmet ... but really local hops on the bike I don't tend to ... just lazy and hope my hair doesn't get in my eyes!!!

Bokonon

Über Member
As the question is 'Do you wear a bicycle helmet when riding your bicycle?', I truthfully answered never. I have, however, worn a helmet whilst riding a borrowed mountain bike (mandated on a work cycling event) and also whilst riding hired track bikes (mandated, reasonably, by the velodrome.) I also don't wear a unicycle helmet when riding a unicycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom