A simple question: Do you wear a helmet?

Do you wear a bicycle helmet when riding your bicycle?

• Never

Votes: 49 18.5%
  • Very rarely

Votes: 23 8.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • About half the time

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Most of the time

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • Almost all of the time

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • Always

Votes: 100 37.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I voted "very rarely": only when compelled, or sometimes on the way to an event at which it is compelled when I don't have space for it in my panniers

Rarely - as I am from an age when no-one did.

In countless crashes I've yet to bump my head - other than a faceplant when a helmet would have helped little. I still get a mark on my cheek from that one whenever my face tans.

My wife ALWAYS wears a helmet and thinks me mad not to.

The children do what they want.

marafi

Rolling down the hills with the bike.
All the time. Though properly not when im using the loo though. lool.

Scruffmonster

Über Member
Never when I have the choice. Wearing one to teach my 3 year old she needs to keep hers on is a small price to pay. Her head is pretty soft.

Annoys me that I have to defend my choice, despite never advising anyone else to follow suit. (Not in relation to the above paragraph)

Never when I have the choice. Wearing one to teach my 3 year old she needs to keep hers on is a small price to pay. Her head is pretty soft.

Annoys me that I have to defend my choice, despite never advising anyone else to follow suit. (Not in relation to the above paragraph)

The softness of children's heads is one of the reasons that RoSPA and the College of Emergency Medicine advocate both cycle helmets and the Thudguard

Davidc

Guru
I voted half the time. About right.

If it's cold - all the time.
If it's hot - never (so not at all for the past week)

In between:
- pootling round town - usually
- out leisure riding - sometimes if I remember it
- using the canal - always, as it reduces the effects of bridge impacts!
- out with the OH - always, as it reduces the effects of ear impacts!
- when at an event where the organisers ask for them to be worn - always. (I've chosen to go, so follow the organisers' request.)

If they ever beome compulsory I'll completely stop using one. In the meantime I'm firmly in favour of it staying a personal choice, and of it being my prersonal choice whether to give anyone an earful if they pass an adverse comment about my helmet wearing choice at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom