A simpler time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
There was no internet to look up "solutions" to problems. So if my brakes weren't that good, I'd just use my shoe until dad had time to fix them., I wore through a couple pairs of trainers that way. Saddles weren't sore in those days because my body was strong. Getting a puncture just meant pushing your bike home and having a longer day out with more to talk about. It's true what they say: you can't miss something that you've never had .

I'm summary I blame the internet

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
There was no internet to look up "solutions" to problems. So if my brakes weren't that good, I'd just use my shoe until dad had time to fix them.
You used to ride your shoe to school? :blink:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I still do my hardest to keep life simple. No online shopping, no social media except CC, this is the only website I ever use. No internet indoors, no TV, DVD only. Hoping to simplify even more next year and start narrow boat shopping then be self sufficient as possible in this day and age. The modern world sucks for the most part.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Blue remembered hills....Its a wonder we managed without gravel bikes/mtbs/hybrids and the rest,...perhaps a new retro class will emerge...Bash Street Bikes! ^_^ Im allergic to this tech world and wish i lived in the age of quill pens and horses, i manage to push the correct buttons sometimes but my computer probably thinks its being operated by a gibbon :laugh:
Im happy with my choice of bike though its as simple as i could get,the magnificent Dawes 201 ^_^ it rulz! :okay:

D

Deleted member 1258

i manage to push the correct buttons sometimes but my computer probably thinks its being operated by a gibbon :laugh:
Im happy with my choice of bike though its as simple as i could get,the magnificent Dawes 201 ^_^ it rulz! :okay:

I'm not good at spelling and my computer seems to be dyslexic, I have it set on UK english and it often flags up something I've typed as wrong even though its spelt correctly, its often telling me correct UK spelling is wrong and trying to correct it to american english, and sometimes it just doesn't know how to spell the word. :wacko:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I do think social media has a lot to answer for.

Just a quick glance shows people moaning about the tree that Norway sends us every year for Trafalgar Square.

No one cared about the tree before social media, now it’s a national scandal.

iluvmybike

Über Member
I do think social media has a lot to answer for.

Just a quick glance shows people moaning about the tree that Norway sends us every year for Trafalgar Square.

No one cared about the tree before social media, now it’s a national scandal.
Everything seems to be a national scandal these days! And everybody seems to get offended by everything and everyone else :wacko::laugh:

Top Bottom