A simpler time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
40 years from now, I wonder if the young of today will reminisce about how simple life was in 2017?
Of course they will. As they fettle their air-cycles and try to index their thought-gears

petek

Über Member
Our village didn't have the electricity until 1958 and us lads had little notebooks to write down car numberplates.
Upwards of ten numbers a week bought bragging rights.
Most everybody rode a push bike, posh sorts might run to a motorbike and sidecar.
Kids today!
Don't know they're born.

Reactions: gbb
Harking back to simpler times, I tried to buy some plain wooden toothpicks at the pharmacy. Besides having to wade through fish, meat and bakery counters to reach the pharmacy, my quest for plain old wooden (POW) toothpicks was fruitless. I can buy a wonderous variety of high-tech plastic devices but POW is simply unavailable. I guess I will have to find a tree and make my own.

petek

Über Member
Harking back to simpler times, I tried to buy some plain wooden toothpicks at the pharmacy. Besides having to wade through fish, meat and bakery counters to reach the pharmacy, my quest for plain old wooden (POW) toothpicks was fruitless. I can buy a wonderous variety of high-tech plastic devices but POW is simply unavailable. I guess I will have to find a tree and make my own.
Wooden cocktail sticks maybe?

gbb

Legendary Member
You had cycling clips?
What's the matter with tucking yer trousers in yer socks? :tongue:

You could afford socks! What luxury.

Who could afford socks back in the day?

Ah the old...'eee, that wur nothing'

Good old Monty Python , makes me laugh every time...but not like in the old days when laughter was.....

robjh

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4991908, member: 259"]1957. You turn 18, you start drinking pints of mild and smoking woodbines, you get married, have all your teeth taken out on the NHS, start wearing a flat cap and buy a whippet.[/QUOTE]
Yikes, I'm married and I've got a whippet (well, a sort of skinny mongrel), and I've drunk a pint of mild in my time. The resemblance is uncanny - I feel you're talking about me.

(OK, not 1957 and the other stuff)

Tin Pot

Guru
a4c8a9c3b7ee19bc75c621d1caba2d4e--cycling-outfits-s-fashion.jpg

"In my day..." Etc.

Top Bottom