A Summerhouse what I made.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Inspired by Fossyants hot tub thread I thought I'd share some pics of the summerhouse that I've been making out of pallets. It's pretty much there now, fully insulated and watertight, just waiting to get the final connections on the electrics done and a bit of finishing off round the windows. After that, it's the pond to do.

IMG-20180518-WA0003.jpeg
IMG-20180520-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20180520-WA0011.jpeg

IMG-20180615-WA0008.jpeg

IMG-20180624-WA0004.jpeg

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Nice! I particularly like the huge awning. How many pallets did it take?

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Pallets are great. I have two inherited sheds that were built in the 1980s according to neighbours. Only now are they beginning to fall apart.
They are aren't they. I've made various planters and a massive bench/seating area on the patio out of them. It's a bit of a pain to be honest as I end up with literally hundreds of the things in work and no one wants to take them back anymore, it's staggering really.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Very nicely constructed
Thank you.
I dont know why anyone would want to sit in one when they could sit in the house.
Unless its for kids playing? or for storage.
I've got various sheds for storage and the kids have got a den thing on the bottom of the gym that you can see in a number of the pics. It's very different to sitting in the house, you're sitting outside but you're in the shade, or outside but out of the wind, or outside but out of the rain and so on.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
They are aren't they. I've made various planter and a massive bench/seating area on the patio out of them. It's a bit of a pain to be honest as I end up with literally hundreds of the things in work and no one wants to take them back anymore, it's staggering really.

I guarantee there will be a pallet repair company nearby that will snap your arm off for them. They'll pay about £1-2 each for them - except for that blue pallet, that's a CHEP pallet which is actually leased and has a nominal value of £50. Nobody will buy it off you though because it belongs to Chep.

Nice shed though

Top Bottom