A Summerhouse what I made.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I guarantee there will be a pallet repair company nearby that will snap your arm off for them. They'll pay about £1-2 each for them - except for that blue pallet, that's a CHEP pallet which is actually leased and has a nominal value of £50. Nobody will buy it off you though because it belongs to Chep.

Nice shed though
I've been looking and asking and begging and phoning for over a decade now. I haven't found anybody yet that will take them or that is willing to travel to pick them up. Years ago the drivers used to take them away with them and they'd flog them themselves, not one of them will take them away now unless you refuse to take it in the first place.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
A friend of mine got her friends husband to build one up from a flatpack. All I can say is we could have done better.
He build it straight onto the ground, not risen up, so when it rained all the floor got wet and rotted.Also he put a guttering on it and the pipe was put at the highest pint not the lowest so the water stayed put then sloshed over!
Yours is miles better.
Thank you again :smile:
Mine is on a plastic honeycomb mat type thing (sort of thing you seen on driveways sometimes filled with gravel), then 3" fence posts, then chicken wire to try to discourage the local wildlife, then a waterproof breathable membrane, then the building. Fingers crossed it'll be like @Heltor Chasca sheds and still be standing in a few years time.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Smart that is...
Cheers @ianrauk . I've still got the link for the Waltons buildings site that you put up for me 2 years ago. I've been umming and ahing about it for ages and finally decided that for me to have it how I wanted, insulated, electrics etc it I could do it far more cheaply if I did it myself from scratch with the added bonus of getting rid of some of my pallet mountain.

Last edited:

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I've been looking and asking and begging and phoning for over a decade now. I haven't found anybody yet that will take them or that is willing to travel to pick them up. Years ago the drivers used to take them away with them and they'd flog them themselves, not one of them will take them away now unless you refuse to take it in the first place.
Get in touch with your local Scouts....we love anything that burns!

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Cracking @Mugshot . @Fab Foodie and I love using pallets and their wood. We have made a spice rack for the Motorhome so far and I'm prepping the wood currently for some other projects. Nothing as grand as your summer house just yet.
Thank you. If you need some more you're welcome to come and get some, I'm thinking we could plenty into your camper.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Thank you. If you need some more you're welcome to come and get some, I'm thinking we could plenty into your camper.
We have a shelf unit that's going in there. Then I need another spice rack for the kitchen and some shelves then some more stuff for the garden.

The wood is free, comes up brilliant after a wire wool rub and a bit of oil. We have used linseed so far.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Other good uses -

pallet 1.jpg

pallet2.jpg

pallet 3.jpg

Top Bottom