A thread for classic motorcycle fans…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevberlin

Senior Member
Location
Tenbury Wells
I had a Lambretta 175 back in the day, for which I paid the princely sum of £2, albeit it came in a box and needed reassembling. It was a very reliable piece of kit. About 15 years ago I briefly ventured back to scooter world with a Vespa 250, that was impressively quick but just not anywhere near as enjoyable or engaging as a motorbike.
 

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
My stepbrother had a Suzuki Burger van for a while - 400 I think - and I quite liked that, could go for one of those.
 

Cavalol

Legendary Member
Location
Chester
I never used to like scooters, but as I get older Im more inclined to view them favourably.

Used to openly laugh at them back in the day (early 1980s and onwards) and tried riding my mates (Vespa 100 and a PX125) which I thought were awful.

Fast forward to about 12 years ago, bought a Vespa TX200 and it was one of the best things I ever did. As much as I still love bikes, the whole scooter scene is much, much better. There's a camaraderie that has never been there with motorcycling and it's still there. Park your motorcycle up next to bikers, so might talk to you, some won't. Park your scooter up next to some scooters and the majority of them will come over for a chat. That's not knocking bikers or the whole scene, each to their own and all that, but I'd recommend owning a Vespa or Lambretta or even a modern auto at least for a while.
 
Top Bottom