A thread for stitchers, crafters, and makers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Due to a complete loss of interest in cycling, I started machine sewing around Oct 2020 on the most basic of mini sewing machines. Been through 2 more machines since and I've just bought a Brother innov-is A150 about a month ago.
Lots of cockups but of successes, there are these wallets for my nephews...

View attachment 585094
New mudflaps for the bike...

View attachment 585095

Storage pouches for the bike tools so they don't rattle about in the saddle bag...

View attachment 585096

And I've just finished my first quilt, for the mutt...

View attachment 585098

It's a very therapeutic hobby I find. I'm a short tempered, impatient bast*** and this is very good for me. :smile:

I work with leather as well. I don't machine sew anything. I use a traditional saddle stitch. This is a mouse mat that I made.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I work with leather as well. I don't machine sew anything. I use a traditional saddle stitch. This is a mouse mat that I made.

View attachment 585116

Lovely neat stitching there, @welsh dragon.

If I tried it, it would look like a toddler's doodle.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Some wooden eggs in different woods on a walnut plate and some beads which I have crafted on a lathe. I do fretwork and pyrography as well. It is nice to have a craft and takes you away from the worlds problems

Attachments

• 20200528_082904.jpg
    20200528_082904.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200528_093538.jpg
    20200528_093538.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 7
Patchwork cushion cover
View attachment 586189

Anyone who has ever watched Babylon 5 will know why I'm giggling right now... :laugh:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Was going through a crappy period at work so decided I'd do some pottery at the local college. Chose that because I couldn't care less about it so I didn't have any expectations- just wanted something different to do.

As it happens I found it fascinating and I developed an eye for a nice pot (not so good with the making of them though) but it did mean I could wander around a ceramics collection in a museum and like it.

Unfortunately all this ended with the first lockdown.

I didn't feel any attraction to the wheel and made everything by hand. Mostly bottles and vases. Here's a bottle:

IMG_20201008_173457955.jpg

Top Bottom