A thread for stitchers, crafters, and makers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Mrs Dave is a crocheter, I’ll post some examples of her work later when I’m home.

I’ve made all our Christmas cards this year.
I’ve also done a few bits and bobs in fused glass.

<- that Christmas avatar was done by me.

I like to do stuff, though I don’t possess much skill.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have finished crocheting a throw/blanket. I have it over the back of a rocking chair. Mainly used if my legs get cold at night.

20171214_145803.jpg

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My ex was 'Head of Textiles' at an all girl school, I've still got Jumpers she knitted. When people asked me where I'd bought the one I was wearing and I told them it was 'Hand Knitted' their jaws would drop "It looks 'Shop Bought' though" they'd say. :crazy:
I'm sitting here wearing the guernsey my mother in law knitted for me. Far & away the nicest jumper I've ever owned. 20 years old now. You'd think the old ratbag would have managed another one by now. I don't know, old people...think only of themselves.

"A thread for stitchers..."

I see what you did there! Very good!
You are a better person than me. I thought "snitches get stitches"

(I used to do a lot of sewing, but not for a long time. Vogue, Simplicity and Style were the patterns I used, and just the thing if you are looking to make a peasant skirt or a broderie anglaise blouse. As I say, it was a long time ago)

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I mainly crochet, in fact im doing it now on the train home. I do it on all my commutes. Mostly blankets and scarves.

I also sew, but not clothes, make stuff from glass using the copperfoil method, restore furniture, wood carve, felt, spin wool, embroider, cross stitch, paint using watercolour to name but a few things. I like to have a go at most crafts but I can't knit. I rarely follow patterns preferring to bespoke stuff.

I will post some pictures later.

I'm going to be able to do this...

View attachment 387251

Yeah, right.
I've only ever made a beanie in cable stitch, but it was great fun. You follow the step by step stitches in the pattern (get your mum to explain what slipping a stitch means) and this amazing pattern just falls right out.

(Mine did not look as beautiful as that, mind)

Top Bottom