A thread for stitchers, crafters, and makers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
No, you don't. :laugh:

I'll have to hunt an old photo out just for you. :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't actually make things myself, but I know people who do and I like what they make.

A friend of mine made me a really nice pair of slipper socks for Christmas last year which I am wearing today. I wear them on top of another pair of socks and they keep my toes nice and warm. Here's one of them.

Slipper sock and cushion.jpg

PS And the leather cushion was made for me by my brother-in-law!

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I have always done cross-stitch and it's the thing I go back to most as it is easy and requires little thought. But I try lots of other things. I like to go on workshops to try out something new and see if I want to continue. Here are a few pics of things I've done:

A vegetable garden pin cushion

2016-02-14 11.13.02.jpg

Silver clay ear-rings
2015-02-08 12.01.19.jpg

Handmade book using old envelopes
2016-06-27 09.10.00.jpg

In school in NZ we were all taught to sew, knit, crochet and embroider - as well as learning woodcraft and leather craft.

I haven’t knitted for years but I do have a bit of embroidery on the go (although, somewhat embarrassingly, it has been on the go for some years).
I have a cross stitch from Bruges that I've been threatening to finish for a good 10 years!

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
My dear mum taught me how to knit as she was a fervent knitter herself.
I only got as far as knitting scarves though. I used to keep it hidden from my mates of course. ^_^

It was quite enjoyable I remember. Wonder if I can still do it.

For all the gentlemen who were taught to knit many moons ago.... on the next pie and gin outing you can have a go.... I shall be bringing 'stuff' ^_^

My Nan taught me how to knit when I was about 8-10yo, only did a scarf if i remember. She knocked up all sorts of jumpers over the years and still makes hats that get sent to a deep sea fisherman's charity type affair.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I have a cross stitch from Bruges that I've been threatening to finish for a good 10 years!

I have a hardanger kit that I was given as a housewarming present 25 years ago - it's been on the go a long time.

And I started a proggy mat at a workshop in 2000. That has turned out to be not one of my favourite crafts.

Some things have taken a long time just because of their size.

Top Bottom