A thread for stitchers, crafters, and makers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Another thing my mam used to make was rugs. Using a special matting, short bits of wool and some sort of tool. You followed the pattern on the rug backing.
Anyone remember those?
Yes... although we used rags rather than wool. The prodder was made from a wooden dolly peg.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
this is my friend's knitivity set... knitted by her mother years ago, probably from a pattern.
knitivity.jpg

Baby jesus has no legs :sad:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I have posted these pictures before, but they are so stunning that I think they are worth repeating. NB: Not my work! I went to an exhibition of quilting, not expecting to be all that interested, and discovered an incredible art-form that I knew next to nothing about. This one is called The Nightingale's Nest, and the poem is by John Clare.

View attachment 387377

View attachment 387378

The Festival of Quilts is amazing if you get the chance to see it. Many of the quilts are works of art rather than something you would dream of putting on a bed.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I'm not the best artist in .... well, in my house but I enjoyed painting this Swaledale ram in watercolour the other day

IMG_2302.JPG

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Stages 1 and 2 of the very limited leathercraft I have learned. I have just about completed the actual knives and now comes trying to create something to keep them in.

We have a couple experimental pieces ready to be cut out but this 3-4mm veg tan leather is very tough stuff. More to follow if it isn't too far off topic. There will be some stitching eventually!

image.jpeg

[QUOTE 5082896, member: 9609"]Does anyone know much about using one of these ? It has been in the attic for years, it seems to work and I have got it all oiled up - would love to be acble to use it properly.
Going by its weight it is easy to understand that it was made by a company more famous for Tanks and War Ships - beautiful piece on engineering

View attachment 387542 [/QUOTE]
Did you delete the attachment?

[QUOTE 5082896, member: 9609"]Does anyone know much about using one of these ? It has been in the attic for years, it seems to work and I have got it all oiled up - would love to be acble to use it properly.
Going by its weight it is easy to understand that it was made by a company more famous for Tanks and War Ships - beautiful piece on engineering

View attachment 387547 [/QUOTE]
I have a similar style Singer - bought a while back. It's now clean and oiled and has a new bobbin winder rubber.
20170929_091436.jpg

Top Bottom