A thread for stitchers, crafters, and makers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As I posted the weather forecast in the wrong thread, I thought I would include it with a silver Torc that I made at Devizes Museum years ago. I fancied trying to do some jewellery repairs so hopefully the repair kit that I know nothing about may arrive in the post soon.
IMGP6712.JPG

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
20171219_203814.jpg
20171219_203914.jpg

Just a wee sample piece I had to make a few years ago. I made a cracking patchwork cushion cover too but damned if I can find it now.

winjim

Smash the cistern
My crafting skills are essentially at the level of a two year old's. I did manage to knock together this dragon costume which is basically some bits of felt stuck to an old hoodie with a hot glue gun.

20171031_190820.jpg

ETA: Dragons don't seem to stay still for long enough to get a decent photograph.

Last edited:
Sewing machines need only a tiny amount of oil, and you can get light machine oil for them. Be very sparing; if you're sewing anything other than outdoor clothes, you don't want oil anywhere near the fabric.

Yeap... And check the workings to keep them free of fluff.

Anywhere that stocks haberdashery / hardware tends to keep the stuff. Mine came in a plastic bottle with a squeezy spout.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
It's done! I have been striving to get this done for Christmas as my Mum fancied one to keep in her handbag. There isn't anything to get a sense of scale but this blade is only 4cm long if that:

image.jpeg

The handle is Australian She Oak. It gets its colour partially from the desert environment. I have a cabinet maker friend who gives me all his tiny off cuts. Useless to him but they make great handles.
The sheath was a new technique for me. I usually make the folding type with stitching down only one side. The small blade/dumpy handle made this type not work.

image.jpeg

The stitching is OK but with room for improvement! Here is one more of the knife and sheath together:

image.jpeg

I am moving on to sheaths for the full sized bushcraft knives I have made now.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
It's done! I have been striving to get this done for Christmas as my Mum fancied one to keep in her handbag. There isn't anything to get a sense of scale but this blade is only 4cm long if that:

View attachment 388358

The handle is Australian She Oak. It gets its colour partially from the desert environment. I have a cabinet maker friend who gives me all his tiny off cuts. Useless to him but they make great handles.
The sheath was a new technique for me. I usually make the folding type with stitching down only one side. The small blade/dumpy handle made this type not work.

View attachment 388359

The stitching is OK but with room for improvement! Here is one more of the knife and sheath together:

View attachment 388360

Fabulous little knife, but if you're in the UK and your mum has that in her handbag, for no specific legitimate reason, she's falling foul of UK knife laws.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.

View attachment 388358

View attachment 388359

View attachment 388360

That is truly beautiful. Well done.

Top Bottom