A weird, but true, sentence about yourself

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Location
West Sussex
Definitely need a wee vid of that ! :wacko: :thumbsup:

Just had a go, but message says the file is too large to upload. Soz.

Managed to take a still from the video, so you get the idea.
20170302_082834.png
 
Marty Feldman lives!
 

postman

Squire
Location
Meanwoodshire.
Goofy remembered me.It was four years since i saw him.Mind you i was jumping up and down,waving my arms and had the t shirt on,which i had bought four years before.I kid you not,i was like a big silly kid.Well you have to be,it is the Magic Kingdom after all.My son took the photo.
 

stephec

Squire
Location
Bolton
Me, in a club full of sprightly young fillies** ....it would be difficult imagining not doing so

** yes, I know it's low level misogynism but cut me some slack as I'm trying to stay I character

Actually the truth is rather more prosaic. I just signed a few beermats "Best wishes Bruce xx" and then left with my "entourage" (actually a supplier of construction equipment who were taking me out for the night)
On a similar theme, I used to work with someone who was the spitting image of Wayne Sleep.

He used to hate being reminding of it, so when he was asked for his autograph in a Weston-Super-Mare nightclub he signed his own name, then snapped at the girl when she questioned it.
 
OP
OP
jefmcg

jefmcg

Legendary Member
The wind might change though, and then you'd be stuck like it. I believe that is actually true.
Yes. As told in the important narrative "Maria", it can lead to an unhappy marriage.

Which leads me to another weird fact about me. I can recite several of Hillaire Belloc's Cautionary Tales for Children by heart.

"but this was his especial foible, he ran a way when he was able, and on this inauspicious day, he slipped hand and ran away. He hadn't gone a yard when Bang! a lion sprang, and hungrily began to eat the boy, beginning at his feet"
 

swee'pea99

Squire
On a similar theme, I used to work with someone who was the spitting image of Wayne Sleep.

He used to hate being reminding of it, so when he was asked for his autograph in a Weston-Super-Mare nightclub he signed his own name, then snapped at the girl when she questioned it.
With me it's George Clooney. Happens *all* the time. And yes, it's very irritating.
 
Top Bottom