A What Camera Thread From a Total Camera Numpty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Get down to jessops ASAP for a closing down sale bargain.

:biggrin: Unless John Lewis are now offering click and collect to deliver a Jessops store to my local Waitrose to enable me to shop at my leisure, and throwing in the JL guarantees with my Jessops purchase, then that's not going to happen.

classic33

Leg End Member
Obviously nothing fancy required here, basic functions, easy to use, easy to put pics online and as childproof/indestructable as possible.

http://www.vtechuk.com/Kidizoom/

tyred

Legendary Member
Obviously nothing fancy required here, basic functions, easy to use, easy to put pics online and as childproof/indestructable as possible.

camera003.jpg

Basic functions - check
indestructible - more or less
easy to use - erm....

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Get the TZ8 rich. (No need to tell Jane anything - nothing that wide angle on the market at present).

I bought the TZ6 three years back. with it's 25mm wide angle lens and 12x optical zoom, it's a very versatile camera. Ceratinly not a £50 camera but worth every penny.

Have a look at cameras.co.uk for some excellent reviews and sample photos of cameras in whatever budget/features you're looking for.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Phone cameras can take astonishingly good pictures when the conditions are exactly right, the lens is clean and there's no movement. They are compromised by the tiny lens though.

My Lumix DMC FZ7 got dropped and is now broken so I'm also on the lookout for a replacement. I was hoping to find something jersey pocket-sized that would do but am beginning to realise that I probably need another bridge camera. Any suggestions?

Phone cameras can take astonishingly good pictures when the conditions are exactly right, the lens is clean and there's no movement. They are compromised by the tiny lens though.

My Lumix DMC FZ7 got dropped and is now broken so I'm also on the lookout for a replacement. I was hoping to find something jersey pocket-sized that would do but am beginning to realise that I probably need another bridge camera. Any suggestions?

Make sure you get a lens with at least severn times magnification then, and a pair of shiny boots so you can walk with a golden gait.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Groan.

Top Bottom