A3 Printer recommendations ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Mrs S has decided to buy an A3 printer for home use. Although I guess we don't really need it, can anyone help before she goes to PC world and just buys the first one on display ?

I have used a Hewlett Packard HP 1220c regularly for A3 poster work etc for 4 years or so at work. It has never gone wrong, economical and does what it says on the box.
Never had a problem with it and it has been fed a lot of stuff - T Shirt paper. coated paper, labels, heavy laid paper, - all sorts and I can only recommend it.
Doesn't mean its successor will be the same I suppose but there must be a review or two online. www.pcpro.co.uk - check out their A list - it may help.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have a HP1220c too.
It was a great printer but I have found that it only just managed to work with Win XP with downloaded up grades to the printer software but it doesn't work at all with Vista.

On XP it only managed some of its huge range of features and was temperamental, spending a lot of time thinking about stuff before printing.

On Vista it only runs as a generic HP and has none of the A3 capability.

It is very fast as an A4 letter printer though.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
I have an Canon iX4000 at home for looking at small sections of plans, etc, and I'm impressed with it. Works faultlessly with both XP and Mac.

Although it's not touted as a photo printer in the same sence as the Epson 1800 or 2400, I'm amazed by its quality, even on cheap PC World glossy photo paper. Not bad at all for a 4 colour printer.

Trillian

Aperitif said:
I have used a Hewlett Packard HP 1220c regularly for A3 poster work etc for 4 years or so at work. It has never gone wrong, economical and does what it says on the box.
Never had a problem with it and it has been fed a lot of stuff - T Shirt paper. coated paper, labels, heavy laid paper, - all sorts and I can only recommend it.
Doesn't mean its successor will be the same I suppose but there must be a review or two online. www.pcpro.co.uk - check out their A list - it may help.

had mine for the past 6 years, done photo paper, normal paper, card, t shirt transfer etc

had a couple of paper jams and the odd issue with drivers but then i've swapped computers on it about 5 times, using windows 98, XP and now a mac, running both off paralell and USB

the only issue it has now, is it being a bit tempremental with being packed and moved about 5 times a year and I think it's ''chassis'' has a bit of a twist in it, but it forges onwards and I expect a fair few more years service from it.

Top Bottom