A614, Bridlington to M62 road, 2nd June, 11:30ish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
I was directed through what appeared to be a 'cyclist down' incident here today. May have been during an event as there were quite a few cyclists around. I made a point of not rubbernecking and went straight through. Preyed on my mind since. Doesn't seem to have hit the news, which I hope is good.
Anyone know anything more?

largelad

Not far from us and i haven't heard anything about it

OP
OP
G

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Neither have I, which I’m pleased about. Hopefully means my worst speculation is unlikely to be accurate.
There were quite a few cyclists stood about, cycles laid down. Incident was on my right, about 50 yards before I got to a junction on my left. 1st vehicle stood was a car and tourer, with a blanket covered bod behind and a crowd.
That many cyclists I wondered if it was some small event.
I’d just been chatting to our lass about **** inattentive drivers on the road and then saw this. Instant guess was a driver hadn’t remembered the width of the tourer and had passed too close. Possible outcomes of that scenario hit home.
I wouldn’t normally post to ask, just seemed with that size crowd, better odds than normal that someone on here might know something.
Thanks

Top Bottom