Aaargh!! Twenty Inch now Forty Inch!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
I suspect I'm reaching some sort of equilibrium, I ate two proper dinners last night, a full portion of sphag bol with th ekids and a modest portion of lamb steaks with carrots and spinach and rice an hour later

and some cheese and crackers before bedtime

will

Get motivated, exercise, eat better, and (importantly) bet someone you HATE that you will lose 10 kilos. Easy

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
will said:
Get motivated, exercise, eat better, and (importantly) bet someone you HATE that you will lose 10 kilos. Easy

Like that bit. Or the most sarcastic, p1ss taking person you can find?

Could give me the motivation. The cyclings OK, but then the appetites harder to control!!

20" Have you tried knocking certain foods out of your diet? I know everyone's got advice on this and we are all different so what works for one doesn't work for the other.

I reached a similiar position to you, lost weight on a couple of diets but then put it back on. Finally I decided to spend some time figuring a few things out.
Firstly I dropped certain foods out of my diet whilst sticking to a fairly routine eating and drinking pattern. The food that made the most difference for me was bread. If I ate bread I gained weight, full stop.
It took a while but I have now eliminated bread from my diet altogether. Next I figured out how many calories I actually needed to eat on a sedentary day. I kept a food diary for this. Turns out I don't need more than about 1800Kcal.
Then finally I put the whole lot together and began to lose weight, gradually. So over the last two years I have continued to lose weight, slowly but irresistibly, in periods, because you can't do it all the time.

That's what worked for me, you won't be the same, everyone is different but you have to figure out a method that works. Once you're on the downward slope you're metabolism seems to change and it becomes quite difficult to put weight back on, provided you're eating correctly for you.

Blue

Legendary Member
Crackle said:
The food that made the most difference for me was bread. [/I]

That's an interesting point.

A couple of years ago I gained a few lbs due to too much snacking between meals. At that time I was a regular purchaser of CW and they were running a series of articles about good/bad food for cycling. They suggested that peanut butter could help shift weight and Whole Earth PNB came out tops. The fats are mostly the 'good' type and the high fat & protein content is filling. Eating PNB on toast as my lunch killed off the mid afternoon cravings - thus shifting the lbs.

Blue

Legendary Member
Well done

Top Bottom