Aaargh!! Twenty Inch now Forty Inch!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T
Thanks TGH

Allowing for the inaccurate mechanical scales, I've dropped another kg - 91 today.

I found my old training diary recently - I was 87kg in 2000, the year of the half-Ironman tri on Arran. I wonder whether I can get there again?

This is all thanks to the GI diet, if you are interested.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I've just found this thread and have to say the GI diet is amazing. I lost a stone last year on it without really trying or suffering at all. It's also a very healthy diet and lets you eat cheese and drink wine (in moderation!)....it rocks!!

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
miloat said:
I weigh 9 stone putting on weight is my problem any tips?
ps i eat more than enough!

TBH - don't worry about it. You could spend a lot of time and money now to remedy it. But it'll come naturally from about 20 on.

I was 8.5 stone and tried everthing. Now 40 and approaching 14st.

It creeps on, a couple of pounds a year.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Never managed to get over 11.5 stone when I was younger (just before Uni) - then when I graduated and got a desk job it soon mounted up... of course it probably didn't help that I used to play badminton 5 times a week, and when I started work I stopped playing (almost). :wacko:

Now weigh about 13.5 and am 5ft 10.5in tall and fairly broad shouldered.

I could probably do with shifting some weight, but lack the real drive to try as I am pretty fit, play 5-a-side twice a week and cycle to work 3 days a week and am not overly bothered about my weight (until I *feel* out of shape).

OP
OP
T
Ooh, my thread has come alive again. Sharky you sound like me. 13.5 was my triathlon weight. Watch out for when your life changes and you can't get all the exercise in - it'll creep on without you noticing until one day you see a strange fat bloke in your house....in the mirror.

OP
OP
T
Ahem. 36 inch now. Just saying. Carry on...

OP
OP
T
Twenty Inch,

Tell us more, have you really been dieting since April? What about exercise?

Since April 2008, yes.

A little bit more exercise, specifically a martial arts class. 15-20 press-ups or sit-ups in the toilet every time I go for a wee in the office. A bit of yoga in the morning to wake me up, relax me, and remind me to respect my body. An apple instead of a kitkat after lunch. No chocolate in the house. A low-fat yoghurt before going to bed. Cycling hard up hills on the commute, instead of just pootling. Less cheese. More salad. Lunch is a small amount of complex carb, a similar amount of low-fat protein eg cottage cheese on a baked potato, and a lot of salad.

A long, slow process of making lots of small, right decisions about what I put in my gob.

Top Bottom