Aaargh!! Twenty Inch now Forty Inch!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Ok i am also trying to lose a little off the waist.The new jersey is a little tight around the belly.Holding stomach in it is ok.Yesterday took the girls for the annual asthma check up.They also do height and weight.I did mine.16st 7 lbs,6-4".Iam overweight and nearly in the obese col.Going to try for the next 12 weeks to see if any thing comes off.

02GF74

Über Member
Surely those statistics are meaningless without knowing your height? ;)

If you are 5 ft 2 then you're a fat b*****d but if you are 6 ft 7 you probably should be eating more pies.

as you get older, the lard is easier to pile on and once on, harder to shift. :smile:

OP
OP
T
Postie I'm using the GI diet FWIW.

02GF74 I'm 5'10'' so my BMI is 30, and I'm clinically obese. Bollocks of course as I have enormous legs and am generally well-muscled, and probably fitter than nearly all of the other 39 year olds in my org. Nevertheless I need to lose some weight - about 10kg would be good. Only another 8 to go!

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
5’10½"

Couldn't put weight on, tried for years. At 18 I was 8½-9 stone. Into my 20s it 'got better'.

Now at 41year old I'm wearing 34" waist trousers, with a true measured waist of 39-40". Weight fluctuates between 13½ - 14 stone. I reckon I'd 'be happy' with 12½. Thing is this weights crept on, a couple of pounds a year, so I don't expect to lose it a couple of pounds a week.

End of the summer I aim to be a definite sub 13.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Twenty Inch said:
Gambatte are you trying to upset me? I haven't been 13 stone since God knows when.

Nope,

At least you can put:

Twenty Inch said:
I have enormous legs and am generally well-muscled, and probably fitter than nearly all of the other 39 year olds in my org.

:angry::smile:

ASC1951

Guru
I get a bit heavier every year and am now officially fatter than a pork sausage. There's always a big effort at this time of year, but I never quite get back to where I was twelve months ago.

I've just seen some book reviewed, on the quality of food rather than nutrition. The author summed up his 250 pages as:

"Eat proper food. Not too much. Mainly plants."

All most of us need to know, I reckon. It's the 'not too much' that I struggle with.

OP
OP
T
Blue said:
:thumbsdown::laugh::tongue:

Sorry, couldn't resist :ohmy:

"When using BMI it is important to remember it gives a measure of your weight relative to your height and is not a direct measure of fatness, but rather an estimate of fatness. In some individuals the BMI may be high, suggesting obesity, yet the person may have a body build with plenty muscle and little fat. A good example of this would be a large, heavy and fit rugby player who has very well developed muscles."

Blue again demonstrates the narrowness of his understanding of the topic.

Tynan

Veteran
sorry to hear that

since June I'm down from 17st4lb to 14st12lb and still losing weight despite eating like a horse

and riding dead quick

40inch waist down to something much smaller, the 38s I bought a couple of months ago have gone all clown's trousers

Blue

Legendary Member
Tynan said:
sorry to hear that

since June I'm down from 17st4lb to 14st12lb and still losing weight despite eating like a horse

and riding dead quick

40inch waist down to something much smaller, the 38s I bought a couple of months ago have gone all clown's trousers

Well done, keep it going - but don't forget to stop when you reach a healthy size/weight as too low a weight ain't good

Blue

Legendary Member
Twenty Inch said:
"
Blue again demonstrates the narrowness of his understanding of the topic.

Yeah, I don't understand!! So, explain, how exactly does having rippling quads give you a 40" waist?? ;):laugh::angry:

Top Bottom