ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Bystander

Über Member
Jersey Farm for Herts folks ?

Not a town or village, Jasper's Green in Essex is nearest.

I asked the question when I thought there were no "J"s within my range

[QUOTE 5499845, member: 9609"]bound to be a farm with J or V ?[/QUOTE]

OK but I thought it had to be Town or Village signs...

and got the reply

[QUOTE 5499877, member: 9609"]loosely ....
I think exceptions can be made for the difficult ones - but keep it inventive ^_^[/QUOTE]

So maybe there's a case for Jersey Farm

burntoutbanger

Veteran
Did anyone do a naughty snow covered sign for their letters today?

Not quite, did meet this fella while out though.

IMG_20190201_222433572.jpg

burntoutbanger

Veteran
It's my stepdaughter's 18th tomorrow, with options for a long ride this weekend understandably limited, it was out this evening.

It's been cold here in Devon but most of the snow has cleared through the day and temperatures were expected to hover just above freezing over night. So I donned two pairs of leggings, two pairs of socks, three tops, two pairs of gloves, two buffs (one for the head and one for the neck) and headed out the door.
I invested in some good quality lights last winter and have been enjoying riding at night much more as a result. Although most of the snow and ice had melted I planned to stick to main roads that I knew had been gritted and to take the single speed so as to be less bothered mechanically by any salt. The wind was forecast to be coming from the north so that's the way I headed.
There is a local Strava segment that goes from Exeter northward to Tiverton then east to Willand before heading back south returning to Exeter, the whole segment runs to about 50km. The plan was to do this segment in reverse then come home the same way, which with toing and froing would get me around 110km (getting me the Gran Fondo for the month as well).
Anyway the combination of a weeks work, the single speed and an unforgiving northerly wind found me constantly checking my distance. Having reached the 50km point I decided enough was enough and turned for home so 101km (February Gran Fondo in the bag) with 736m of climbing.

'C' is for Cullompton.

IMG_20190201_214339029.jpg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I'm looking forward to my J - an 85 mile ride to John O Gaunt and back, via Cafe Ventoux. Going to be tackling it later in the year though, when the weather and my fitness has improved !

Done that today ^_^

There is a sign at the Twyford end when you come to do it

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Nearly got I today . Spent last night studying Google Street view to see if my nearest I the hamlet of Ingarsby had a sign couldn't see one . Not wanting to copy @Supersuperleeds ( we will have to share J and Z) I headed for Isley Walton lined by bike up by the sign to discover my mobile was flat :banghead:. Oh well is was a nice ride soon to be repeated

You not going to grab M-Q next week with me then?

Top Bottom