ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran

rugby bloke

Veteran
A bit short of time today - had an appointment at the Gardens to watch Saints tame the Tigers. Managed tp get out for a quick 20 miler to bag H and I. Quite impressed on with my average speed on the way out - until I turned back into the wind !

upload_2019-1-26_21-17-50.png

upload_2019-1-26_21-18-23.png

I have one final question for the collective - my J is a 80 odd mile round trip - which will be great for a pre Spain long training ride in May but does not fit in with my time at present. Could I park J and then return to it in the Spring ?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
A bit short of time today - had an appointment at the Gardens to watch Saints tame the Tigers. Managed tp get out for a quick 20 miler to bag H and I. Quite impressed on with my average speed on the way out - until I turned back into the wind !

View attachment 449192

View attachment 449193

I have one final question for the collective - my J is a 80 odd mile round trip - which will be great for a pre Spain long training ride in May but does not fit in with my time at present. Could I park J and then return to it in the Spring ?

As long as you park later letters no problem.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
After a week of no letters bagged due to ice and wife being ill I managed to get out today before the forecast temps drop and ice returns tomorrow. Wasn't all ice free, and cold in shade (around 3c I think), and I rode through some semi frozen slush in one of the lanes. Beautiful day to be out and a bit of a mammoth ride to bag a whole sequence of letters. All done in my fat burning zone, so nice and low intensity. There was a bit of bike carrying past a closed road (which would have been a disaster for today's letter bagging) but managed to escape to the other side without anyone seeing. This is it till I do my next cross border letter raid into Essex to grab a Q. Hopefully that will be in a couple of weeks.

Kings-Walden.jpg

Ley-Green.jpg

Mangrove-Green.jpg

Nup-End.jpg

Old-Knebworth.jpg

Preston.jpg

rugby bloke

Veteran
After a week of no letters bagged due to ice and wife being ill I managed to get out today before the forecast temps drop and ice returns tomorrow. Wasn't all ice free, and cold in shade (around 3c I think), and I rode through some semi frozen slush in one of the lanes. Beautiful day to be out and a bit of a mammoth ride to bag a whole sequence of letters. All done in my fat burning zone, so nice and low intensity. There was a bit of bike carrying past a closed road (which would have been a disaster for today's letter bagging) but managed to escape to the other side without anyone seeing. This is it till I do my next cross border letter raid into Essex to grab a Q. Hopefully that will be in a couple of weeks.

View attachment 449513

View attachment 449514

View attachment 449515
View attachment 449516

View attachment 449517
View attachment 449518
That's an impressive haul !

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
[QUOTE 5517546, member: 9609"]very impressed, was it a straight 6 ? if so that will probably be the record for one ride
looks like you have the lead too.

had a massive day out too in fantastic weather, just got an M though[/QUOTE]

Yes a straight six on a great day to do it.

Top Bottom