ABC of the Saints

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Oh, good - street names are permitted.

I was on the point of completely giving up on 'H' until a friend emailed me the other night to say that she'd found a Rue Saint-Hubert in a village not too far away.

I should have started this ABC last week when I cycled over to what I thought was la Chapelle de Saint-Anne near Mauron .. only to discover that it was the Chapelle de Beuve. So much for the French version of Wikipedia..

I do have several 'A's lined-up - but none are close - and I'm waiting for the temperature to drop before going for a long ride and finally getting under way.

I still haven't found an 'I', a 'K' or a 'Q' (or a 'W', 'X' or 'Z') but I've got plenty of options for 'U', 'V' and 'Y' ... anyone want to swap...?

There are a fair number of I's around here - St Illtyd (or Illtud in Welsh) died in lllantwit Major and a number of churches are dedicated to him (including the one in Llantwit Major which is Llanilltud Fawr in Welsh). For Q I have St Quintin's Castle. But I'm struggling for anything after T.

Alex321

Veteran
Got both D and E tonight.
St Donat's in Welsh St Donat's

20230609_191156.jpg

And St Ellteyrn's in Capel Llanilltern

20230609_194101.jpg

I have actually posted both of these previously in the Churches thread. I then also passed another D on the way back from St Ellteyrn's - St David's in Groes-Faen.

Alex321

Veteran
G and H tonight
Church of St George in the village of St Georges-Super-Ely

20230617_191854.jpg

The notice says that servic3es are suspended on health and safety grounds, due to the state of disrepair of the inside of the church.
20230617_192536.jpg

And St Hilary in the village of the same name. Slightly annoyingly, between those two, I passed the Church of ST Illtyd in Llantrythid.
20230617_200654.jpg

20230617_200736.jpg

OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

Still rolling along
Over the Clifton Suspension Bridge then a long downhill glide through Ashton Court, through the city to the former St Vincent's engineering works but no signs still showing the name.

So, after 2 1/2 years I am looking for a V, having missed I and O on the way.

Top Bottom