ABC of the Saints

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

Still rolling along
My other bike in front of Saint Nicholas church, Corfe, Somerset today.

20230531_130623.jpg

I've not made progress with O yet; my best idea, so far, is to take a photo in front of a big green truck. Eddie St Obart.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
My other bike in front of Saint Nicholas church, Corfe, Somerset today.

View attachment 692282

I've not made progress with O yet; my best idea, so far, is to take a photo in front of a big green truck. Eddie St Obart.
You could visit St Ockwell in South London.
EDIT . I didn’t know there was a Corfe in Somerset, do people visit there looking for the castle .

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
I started off with churches, but that proved too difficult, so I've also found street names, a pub, a clinic, a well :wacko: & a school; if I remember correctly. I still need Q, U, X, Y & Z. I have found a Q, but it's a 100 mile round trip :stop:

I've only just seen this thread, I think I'll have a go at it.

Q is fine for me, there is a St Quentin's Castle about 3 miles from home :smile:

Slightly trickier for me are going to be E, K, and probably some late alphabet ones. I do know where there is an E, but it is the far side of Cardiff. Not a silly distance, but also not really a particularly enjoyable ride.

Tenkaykev

Guru
You could visit St Ockwell in South London.
EDIT . I didn’t know there was a Corfe in Somerset, do people visit there looking for the castle .

Our 5 year old Granddaughter had a school trip to Corfe Castle a couple of weeks ago. The children did a presentation about the various occupations people had at that time, to the parents a week after their visit ( We had to sit in the childrens size school chairs, painful trying to get back up out of them! ) Our grandaughter's role was a " Gong Farmer ". They were the people who'se job was to empty the latrines 😁

Alex321

Veteran
My second entry - St Bridget's Church (in St Brides Major). I took the photo of the village sign first, in case the church wasn't a St B.

20230604_144506.jpg

20230604_144940.jpg

20230604_145046.jpg

bluenotebob

Veteran
There is a St Kitts Road in Port Talbot.

Oh, good - street names are permitted.

I was on the point of completely giving up on 'H' until a friend emailed me the other night to say that she'd found a Rue Saint-Hubert in a village not too far away.

I should have started this ABC last week when I cycled over to what I thought was la Chapelle de Saint-Anne near Mauron .. only to discover that it was the Chapelle de Beuve. So much for the French version of Wikipedia..

I do have several 'A's lined-up - but none are close - and I'm waiting for the temperature to drop before going for a long ride and finally getting under way.

I still haven't found an 'I', a 'K' or a 'Q' (or a 'W', 'X' or 'Z') but I've got plenty of options for 'U', 'V' and 'Y' ... anyone want to swap...?

Top Bottom