ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I'm becoming a little frustrated. There are too many villages that do not have boundary signs!

I've got two places not too far away from me beginning with the letter 'I' - Inkersall and Intake, the former in Derbyshire, the latter in South Yorkshire. Neither have boundary signs according to Google Maps Streetview!! There is a farm in Inkersall with a sign that reads:
Inkersall
(picture of cow)
Inkersall Farm​
I may have to use this one.

PS I apologise for all the exclamation marks. Start getting worried if you see three at the end of a sentence. If I get to five, you know I'm ready for my white coat with the very long arms that tie conveniently at the back.

[QUOTE 5556402, member: 9609"]down into england for a W
View attachment 455903 [/QUOTE]

That sign looks superimposed it's that clean

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Since I started the new part time job, I haven't had time and/or the weather has been shite. Next week I start a different part time job and probably wont have any time then, so it's going to be a while before I finish if at all.

Since I started the new part time job, I haven't had time and/or the weather has been shite. Next week I start a different part time job and probably wont have any time then, so it's going to be a while before I finish if at all.

It's the problem I have, time is always short. I take my bike with me if I'm working away anyway so maybe some random places coming up

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
U's are a bit of a rarity in Northants so it was a good excuse to get out for a longer ride on Saturday morning. The weather was distinctly seasonal at the start of the ride but steadily improved.44 miles ridden and more than 2,000 ft of climbing - despite taking an easy roll back along the river through town.

View attachment 455734

View attachment 455735

Upper Stowe is a strange place - no clear idea of where it starts, and then when you get to the edge of the village it appears you have ridden through 2 settlements - Stowe Nine Churches and Upper Stowe. But then again they are strange folk that live west of the A5 ...

View attachment 455736

I'm guessing this is the first example of a double sign ?

That bottom one begins with S

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
A utility ride today enabled me to blag an R. Took the BSA Tour de France seeing as the roads were dry, bike no.4 @Oldfentiger . I could’ve got an S too today, but I thought I’d save that for the day I go and get a T.

CAC7E9B1-C869-4962-9E65-F2F51CC25784.jpeg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I'm becoming a little frustrated. There are too many villages that do not have boundary signs!

I've got two places not too far away from me beginning with the letter 'I' - Inkersall and Intake, the former in Derbyshire, the latter in South Yorkshire. Neither have boundary signs according to Google Maps Streetview!! There is a farm in Inkersall with a sign that reads:
Inkersall
(picture of cow)
Inkersall Farm​
I may have to use this one.

PS I apologise for all the exclamation marks. Start getting worried if you see three at the end of a sentence. If I get to five, you know I'm ready for my white coat with the very long arms that tie conveniently at the back.
Ignore me, I've re read your post properly :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom