Abcde

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Having met you I would suggest that is very unlikely:tongue:
However, I do look more like your current avatar than you!

winjim

Smash the cistern
.... until you go to Nepal, where you will all end up coming from Aldershot, it being, as we all know, the biggest most important city in Europe.
(And the location of the Gurkah garrison)
At least that's close. I'm from Farnborough which still ends up being 'London'. Unless I'm talking to anyone who likes planes.

Drago

Legendary Member
If I put my actual photo up, CC would go into meltdown of lust and envy.

Ok, let's try it and see...

redneck.jpg

Hmmmm. Sorry matey, I'm not feeling the love.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
@abcd efg - Why is your first name missing an e? ;)

winjim

Smash the cistern
True story. Really.

Where I grew up, the local vet and one of my early sailing coaches was called Everard Cock.

*It is true, but if the mods think this is inappropriate, please remove. Or Google it (carefully).
Assuming it's the same guy, he's something of a celebrity in the field of nominative determinism, having famously authored the paper: Flaccid trunk paralysis in free-ranging elephants.

colly

Re member eR
Some names are unfortunate but short of changing them there's not much to be done about it:

I used to know a young woman who worked in the Inland Revenue office in Leeds, in the days when you could actually turn up and speak face to face with someone.
Part of her job was to deal with the drop in enquiries. It was always busy and she picked up the next folder and without checking the name she stepped out into the waiting room, looked down and read the name. She was horrifed.
She stood there folder in hand and called out
'Err. Umm. Mrs er? er? Mrs Tight'
A small older lady at the back spoke up in a broad Yorkshire accent.

'It's TIT luv, but never mind Ahm used to it'

PK99

Legendary Member
Assuming it's the same guy, he's something of a celebrity in the field of nominative determinism, having famously authored the paper: Flaccid trunk paralysis in free-ranging elephants.

Interestingly - did you know this before posting? - one of the co-authors of one of the lead papers on the subject is named Kock, but the Everard bit does not fit the initials.

Kock, ND; SA Goedegebuure; EP Lane; V Lucke; D Tyrrell; MD Kock (1994). "Flaccid trunk paralysis in free-ranging elephants (Loxodonta africana) in Zimbabwe" (PDF). Journal of Wildlife Diseases. 30 (3): 432–435. doi:10.7589/0090-3558-30.3.432.

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Anything to avoid being thought of as a Londoner and potentially mistaken for @Markymark :smile:

Having met you I would suggest that is very unlikely:tongue:

However, I do look more like your current avatar than you!

If I put my actual photo up, CC would go into meltdown of lust and envy.

Having met you both I can confirm none of the above is accurate.

That does actually look like a CC member on here....

@Dayvo ......

Don't hate me, that was an open goal.

Top Bottom