Absolutely random photo of anything thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My uni tutor had a hip replacement. How do you cycle with a replaced hip?
I don't have a hip replacement. It's a 'pin'...i think. A nurse told me i was lucky not to need a full hip as 'you can't move your leg fully enough to cycle with a hip replacement'. I haven't cycled for months and months though. Probably doing an embarrassing 100 miles or so this year. If i went out on my bike i'd be terrified of falling off or having to put my right foot down suddenly and hurting the hip badly. When my local gym opens up again...if it ever does,i'll try my leg out on a static bike.

I don't have a hip replacement. It's a 'pin'...i think. A nurse told me i was lucky not to need a full hip as 'you can't move your leg fully enough to cycle with a hip replacement'. I haven't cycled for months and months though. Probably doing an embarrassing 100 miles or so this year. If i went out on my bike i'd be terrified of falling off or having to put my right foot down suddenly and hurting the hip badly. When my local gym opens up again...if it ever does,i'll try my leg out on a static bike.
Or splurge on zwift, get one of those smart interactive turbo trainers! It's like cycling but in your living room.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Zwift with your mates and facetime them whilst doing it, so they can get a glimpse :laugh: What other dandy cycle jerseys do you have?

Here it is. £120 it cost me,so i ended up not wearing it for cycling in case i fell off my bike and tore it. My kitchen light doesn't do it justice as it appears not as bright as it is. Nice for going walks in though,as it said in the advert when i bought it.
1606693678957.png

1606693782270.png

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have to be careful with this merino wool stuff. I've been cleaning my kitchen and bathroom using bleach. Natural fibers do not like bleach!

1606694277488.png

1606694354704.png

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Like the Jersey brand you get your jerseys from the most.
I don't think they do brand names as such in cycling jerseys. I haven't bought a new jersey for a few years . I have about 25,so that's enough for now.;) I have a couple of nice ones that are among my favourites. Both 'Italian mountain endurance climb' themed. I'll dig 'em out tomorrow and post some pics.:okay:

I don't think they do brand names as such in cycling jerseys. I haven't bought a new jersey for a few years . I have about 25,so that's enough for now.;) I have a couple of nice ones that are among my favourites. Both 'Italian mountain endurance climb' themed. I'll dig 'em out tomorrow and post some pics.:okay:
Are you sad that old age is getting in the way of you cycling? 😭

Top Bottom