Absolutely wonderful (formerly absolutely useless) housing association

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

irw

Quadricyclist
I was just going to post 'air filter switch' but the plumber has beaten me too it... :whistle:
Ah. I see you were going to make the same mistake as the plumber by not calling it the 'air pressure switch' as it's called in the manual as well! :tongue:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you boil 3 kettles at the same time then you could potentially overload your mains circuit!
Seriously?🧐
Maybe, maybe not... Let's say the kettles are 2 kw. That is about 8 amps each. 3 x 8 amps = 24 amps. That sounds quite a lot but perhaps a modern ring main can handle that?

When my boiler died in Hebden Bridge I just used to make do with one kettle of water for a good wash or to wash the dishes.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Maybe, maybe not... Let's say the kettles are 2 kw. That is about 8 amps each. 3 x 8 amps = 24 amps. That sounds quite a lot but perhaps a modern ring main can handle that?

When my boiler died in Hebden Bridge I just used to make do with one kettle of water for a good wash or to wash the dishes.
I didn't try the 3 kettles shower. The last time i did it,2 years ago i was safer on my feet. Boiling water in abundance isn't really worth it. If the local gym was open i'd go there for a shower,but it isn't so..

Chislenko

Veteran
I forgot to mention before. The plumber said he'd have to condemn the boiler mainly due to it having its cover taken off. He said it wouldn't fit back properly,which breaks the seal. He asked who did it. I told him it was my friend,egged on by some Cycle Chatters!:whistle:

Bit concerned here for you, if he goes back to the HA and says it is unserviceable because of interference by the tennant they may shift the blame and cost to you.

D

Deleted member 26715

I told him it was my friend,egged on by some Cycle Chatters!:whistle:
Interesting, where was that?

I forgot to mention before. The plumber said he'd have to condemn the boiler mainly due to it having its cover taken off. He said it wouldn't fit back properly,which breaks the seal. He asked who did it.
I can see this thread having some twists an turns once the HA get wind of this :whistle: Fingers crossed for ya Accy :okay:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I can see this thread having some twists an turns once the HA get wind of this :whistle: Fingers crossed for ya Accy :okay:
It's my fervent hope that no CC mischief-maker has the evil idea of sending Onward Homes a link to this thread!
My friend didn't remove any parts as such. He only turned those pressure releasing taps and stuff. The boiler has been playing up for years.It's been cutting out,banging,crackling etc before we looked at it yesterday. Even the plumber said it was 'ancient' (15 years old). The HA might not like me calling them useless,but it is a pretty useless service when no one answers an 'emergency' number after an hour of calling.

Top Bottom