Absolutely wonderful (formerly absolutely useless) housing association

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Emergency plumber has just been and gone. The bad news is that he says the boiler isn't safe and shouldn't be used. The good news is that he's going to recommend a new boiler,which according to him will be fitted this week sometime,taking approximately 6 hours. For those wondering what the actual problem is/was,it's the air filter switch.
Sorry you're not sorted right now but at least it seems you get the best overall outcome from it long term.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You'll save a bit of money on gas too, the new one will be alot more efficient
Yes,hopefully. That old boiler with its stop start way of working must've been using far more power than necessary. Hopefully it wouldn't have put my gas bills up as i pay way over the odds on my monthly bills. Meaning i'm about £300 in credit,so i won't notice it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I also have 3 kettles here,so i can fill a bucket with hot water and have a kind of 'pour over myself' shower. I just have to remember to add cold water to the boiling water before pouring!:unsure:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I also have 3 kettles here,so i can fill a bucket with hot water and have a kind of 'pour over myself' shower. I just have to remember to add cold water to the boiling water before pouring!:unsure:
do you need to do that ? our shower is cold water feed

Drago

Legendary Member
As you cant have a hot bath or shower you should rub shower gel all over yourself, wrap yourself tightly in clinfilm, and go to bed with the electric blanket set to high. The action of you tossing and turning in the night will work up a lather and your sweat will rinse it off.

No jeed to thank me ;)

stephec

Legendary Member
As you cant have a hot bath or shower you should rub shower gel all over yourself, wrap yourself tightly in clinfilm, and go to bed with the electric blanket set to high. The action of you tossing and turning in the night will work up a lather and your sweat will rinse it off.

No jeed to thank me ;)

You might have chosen a different turn of phrase there. 😄

Top Bottom