Absolutely wonderful (formerly absolutely useless) housing association

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How can it be repaired when the plumber has condemned it?
God knows how they work. I'm asking for a new boiler that's safe,nothing else. I'm feeling a little discrimination here as all the other flats had new boilers fitted about 6 years ago. The next door neighbour told me on Monday that she'd phoned the HA about a 'smelly' drain outside her flat. Two days later they've just been to clean it. Why can't they sort out my more urgent problem?🤔

Drago

Legendary Member
They could potentially still repair it if its been condemned...

https://www.boilerguide.co.uk/articles/condemned-boiler#:~:text=What is a Condemned Boiler,be leaking from the appliance.

Handy tip. Make a pass at the heating engineer and you'll get a new bouler, either as part of a minority group or perhaps because he fanices you. Either way, it's win-win.

postman

Legendary Member
Well done Accy,what a carry on.Sad thing is had you decided to terminate your tenancy and moved out.They would have had to do a check before renting out again and maybe the boiler would have failed 2021 standards and would have been replaced.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
I've just spent a whole hour on my phone trying to contact my housing association's so called emergency contact number. My heating and hot water have disappeared. If it's an 'emergency number' why isn't someone answering my call?!:ninja:
do they have an online repair reporting portal? i work for a housing association and it’s an ambition of theirs to move people off the phones to online…

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
do they have an online repair reporting portal? i work for a housing association and it’s an ambition of theirs to move people off the phones to online…
I don't have an online account with them. Well i do,but i can't find my tenancy agreement number which they ask for. Also i can't remember my password. I've tried to set up a new account,but it won't let me from my email address.

irw

Quadricyclist
If its a cold weekend you can always burn the old one to keep warm.

But don't open it up to do it...

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just had a 3 kettles shower. My neighbour who let me use her shower on Monday didn't reply to my text,asking if i could use it again.:rolleyes: Anyway,it wasn't that bad. Put cold water in the bucket first,so the boiling water doesn't melt the plastic,then after adding the 3 kettles (carefully) top up with cold water (well,what else is there:rolleyes:) then pour some of the water using a measuring jug all over yourself,then soap yourself up (all of this is done in the actual shower by the way,not in the kitchen where i boiled the kettles:rolleyes:). When you've soaped up, simply use the jug to pour the hot water over yourself to rinse off. I actually feel a bit cleaner than when using a proper shower as i was able to soap myself up properly,as opposed to the soap washing off as soon as it hits the skin in a normal shower. It reminds me of when me and Mrs Accy got married 30 years ago. The house we bought had a wonky boiler which took ages to warm up water and often conked out,so we had to heat pots and pans on the oven rings to do the same as a 3 kettle shower.

Last edited:

Chislenko

Veteran
I've just had a 3 kettles shower. My neighbour who let me use her shower on Monday didn't reply to my text,asking if i could use it again.:rolleyes: Anyway,it wasn't that bad. Put cold water in the bucket first,so the boiling water doesn't melt the plastic,then after adding the 3 kettles (carefully) top up with cold water (well,what else is there:rolleyes:) then pour water from a measuring jug all over yourself,then soap yourself up (all of this is done in the actual shower by the way,not in the kitchen where i boiled the kettles:rolleyes:). When you've soaped up, simply use the jug to pour the hot water over yourself to rinse off. I actually feel a bit cleaner than when using a proper shower as i was able to soap myself up properly,as opposed to the soap washing off as soon as it hits the skin in a normal shower. It reminds me of when me and Mrs Accy got married 30 years ago. The house we bought had a wonky boiler which took ages to warm up water and often conked out,so we had to heat pots and pans on the oven rings to do the same as a 3 kettle shower.

Reminds me of a lady who I used to work with who most mornings would tell us she had had her daily Three F's wash, Face, Feet and F----.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
When my boiler died in Hebden Bridge I spent over a year using one kettle of boiling water per strip wash. After a while I couldn't be bothered to walk up and down stairs with the kettle so after that I just used cold water. The body wash wasn't too bad, but washing my hair in cold water in an unheated bathroom with no double glazing and a hole in the wall where the boiler flue used to be was... somewhat TOO bracing in the winter! :cold:

Top Bottom