access to a cube agree frame number

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I'm trying to get the frame number on my new cube agree race bike. Apparently its located under the cable runner guides inside the frame. This are behind the scew on/off cover under the bottom bracket.

I've tried loosening the cables without detaching them or messing up the indexing, but can't seem to loosen them enough to slide out the black plastic runner guides to reveal the frame number I'm told is underneath.

Has anybody else solved this issue on thier cube?

Dam silly place to put the number if you ask me but hey ho.

The dealer and cube don't keep frame numbers on bikes sold I am told.

TIA.

U

User6179

Just push the mechs with your hand to free up cable , on front go into small ring and then push the mech over big ring , if your cables are not integrated then pull them out of the cable guides on the down tube , on the back drop chain onto small cog then push the mech towards big cog .

U

User6179

Btw my Agree has no number under the cable guide, it is to the side of it next to the crank!

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

IMAG1235.jpg

Well after much poking and the occasional well chosen blasphemy I seem to have failed to get th ecables loose enough to remove the black runner plate.:rolleyes::banghead:

The number printed on the frame in this picture was what i thought was th eframe number, but the bike store insist it isnt and it is located under the black plastic runner guides. I cant see any other numbers anywhere on the frame.

Hey ho....^_^:laugh:

D

Deleted member 23692

It's all the dot matrix characters beginning with WOW. It's full of gen if you know what the characters mean - 0513 being the month/year of manufacture :smile:

On my road bike its printed in red under the plastic cable guide but on my MTB it's stamped into the metal

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

It's all the dot matrix characters beginning with WOW. It's full of gen if you know what the characters mean - 0513 being the month/year of manufacture :smile:

erm...ok..so is this the frame number ?? I mean what i can see on the frame in this shot starting with WOW...is that the frame number? Because the bike store tell me it isnt.

D

Deleted member 23692

It's more akin to a car VIN number and details model/spec. manufacture location and date along with a unique identifying number. Well that's what I've been told by a cube dealer a few years back. All three Cubes that I've owned have been in exactly the same format (with differingt characters obviously)

Check with http://cubebikesnortheast.co.uk/ to be doubly sure - there are the only Cube Store in the country so if any one knows, they will.

buttonnine

Damn straight, that's it there in your pic, I've a CUBE race and the frame number is in the exact same place.

Top Bottom