Accessories for a Pinarrello Paris?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Didnt have much luck in beginners section so i thought i would stick this in here!

My friend in the office has been always been a full on MTBer and she rides 17 miles each way as a commute on her full suss Trek. The other roadie in the office and I have been on at her to get a road bike and she has recently come into a bit of cash and she has gone a bit mental and bought a Pinarello!

Her spec list so far is:

PINARELLO PARIS FRAME FORK
FULCRUM ZERO WHEELS
SRAM RED LEVERS
SRAM RED BRAKES
SRAM RED FRONT MECH
SRAM RED REAR MECH
FSA CARBON LITE CHAINSET

Now I did plenty of research and know all of the specs and products relevant to my level of bike (Spesh Allez Elite) but this is a different league and I cant really help her or recommend any shoes, pedals extra bits as I specced my stuff out to suit my bike.

Anyone got any good recommendations on what she can add to this beast without lowering the spec level? The nearest Pinarello dealer is in london and she wants to buy online before she collects the bike at the weekend.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Bottle cages?

I like the Elite Patao ones myself, but they're not terribly bling.

Depending on the tyres it comes with, a set of pro races would do it justice.

Pedals/shoes are a fairly personal thing - what system/shoe brand does she favour currently?

Has she chosen a saddle yet?

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
No saddle yet, she bought it last night! I did tell her to do some research and find out if it was suitable for what she wanted but she just liked the look of it (would be nice to be able to blow that kind of money and not worry abouyt little things like divorce!).

I use Keo Looks with Specialized BG Pro shoes and she likes them so I think she may be looking at the carbon versions of the keo pedal.

As for spares, do you put a £5 inner tube in a £4k bike? or is there some special handmade inner tube's cooled on the midrifts of italian virgins they use?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Wigsie said:
As for spares, do you put a £5 inner tube in a £4k bike? or is there some special handmade inner tube's cooled on the midrifts of italian virgins they use?

I don't see why you wouldn't. You can get lightweight tubes though, e.g. Conti Supersonic.

Christopher

Über Member
using that for commuting? Talk about putting pearls before swine...

anyway you can get carbon ti-axle Look Keos & Time do some very fancy pedals indeed. Has she got clothing that's up to the mark? Suggest Assos all the way

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Ha ha I know its a bit OTT for commuting purposes and I did try and calm her down a bit but she had her mind set and she is a woman after all! :biggrin:;)

She has entered a sportive in september with me and a few others so she probably will take it further and end up being better than all of us!

She rides her MTB in £5 jogging trousers and a vest top and she has a blue helmet with pink flowers on that her mum bought her 4 years ago! I think that may have to go. :blush:

bonj2

Wigsie said:

You can get latex ones which are super light and that racers use, but they are absolute shoot as they go down to about 10 psi after about a day.

edit: you can get 'superlight' ones bu they are still basically butyl rubber - afaik they havent' found a better material that's any lighter that keeps the air in!

bonj2

she should get these pedals:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=38622

38622.Jpg

(unfortunately not in stock in pink though, but will be somewhere else probably)

Christopher

Über Member
She might consider a lower-spec set of wheels for commuting (Krysiums perhaps?) and keep the Zeros as weekend wheels - it would be tragic to trash them commuting.

& how about a fancy wireless rear-wheel based cadence sensor/computer?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
beancounter said:
Is it solely jealousy that makes me find this thread intensely irritating?
And grumpiness, I daresay :biggrin:

As someone who considers Mavic Aksiums his *good* wheels, Wigsie's friend is in an entirely different bracket to me, but I don't see any real harm in that.

I was chatting to a bloke on the train whose bike ran to something close to the cost of 6 of mine. Couldn't get mudguards on it though, could he. HA!

Edit: Actually, now I think of it, his bike was probably close to the cost of ten or fifteen of mine. The bugger.

Top Bottom