Accident Advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

Would you like to make it worse though?

If those you're volunteering for find out afterwards(assuming you don't tell them), I'd be suprised if they didn't say something after they found out. It's not as though you've decided just to not turn up.

Just keep an eye out for any bruising appearing. Any does, get a picture taken.

On the bike and police side, any progress?
I reported online, automatic reply said should get back within 5 days. Got a email this morning saying they’ve received it and will contact me if need further info as for damages I can’t take my bike in till Saturday to check.

classic33

Leg End Member
I reported online, automatic reply said should get back within 5 days. Got a email this morning saying they’ve received it and will contact me if need further info as for damages I can’t take my bike in till Saturday to check.
Just be certain to tell them exactly what it's stopped you doing. That will include not being able to get your bike checked, yet.

Don't guess at injuries to yourself or damage to the bike. Leave both until you've both been checked over, and say that to them if they ask.

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

That makes sense, but the fact you're not sure is a very good sign :okay:
What do you mean by that?

Just be certain to tell them exactly what it's stopped you doing. That will include not being able to get your bike checked, yet.

Don't guess at injuries to yourself or damage to the bike. Leave both until you've both been checked over, and say that to them if they ask.
That makes sense

classic33

Leg End Member
What do you mean by that?

That makes sense
Which if pressed for an answer you may word it wrong. But you don't drive, so the bike is your means of transport. It's not "just a bike", as in you can go and replace it with another straight away.

You keeping a written record, refer back here for what you've said, if it helps.

classic33

Leg End Member
If you are asked were you wearing Hi-Vis and a helmet at the time, it's not a legal requirement for either to be worn whilst cycling.

I'm not even asking if you were, it's personal choice as to whether you use them. Just be be prepared for the question being asked.

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

If you are asked were you wearing Hi-Vis and a helmet at the time, it's not a legal requirement for either to be worn whilst cycling.

I'm not even asking if you were, it's personal choice as to whether you use them. Just be be prepared for the question being asked.

How come you mentioned this? And I was at the time anyway. My helmets a smart helmet which’s has built in lights you can easily see in. daytime as well as night and turning indicators that last for 2-3 hours.
To be honest if police ask that it’s probably most likely for them to help work out who’s at fault.

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

Which if pressed for an answer you may word it wrong. But you don't drive, so the bike is your means of transport. It's not "just a bike", as in you can go and replace it with another straight away.

You keeping a written record, refer back here for what you've said, if it helps.
Thanks and yes it is (but do also use buses occasionally)

classic33

Leg End Member
How come you mentioned this? And I was at the time anyway. My helmets a smart helmet which’s has built in lights you can easily see in. daytime as well as night and turning indicators that last for 2-3 hours.
To be honest if police ask that it’s probably most likely for them to help work out who’s at fault.
If you weren't it's often seen, and said, as the cyclist not taking enough care. Don't let them use it against you.

You could be lit up like a christmas tree and it won't guarantee you being seen.

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

If you weren't it's often seen, and said, as the cyclist not taking enough care. Don't let them use it against you.

You could be lit up like a christmas tree and it won't guarantee you being seen.
I was so that doesn’t apply to me lol

Update: weirdly after being active my ankles almost back to normal except the pain comes and goes but Is it a still a good idea for me to get it checked over tommorow

Ps I know you guys say to get bike checked at bike shop but in previous pictures did it seem like anything’s damaged on it just want to know Incase they ask.

classic33

Leg End Member
Get yourself and the bike checked over by someone who is qualified.

Just because they seem okay doesn't mean they will be. Both will be required anyway.

Top Bottom