Accident Advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

Sorry for this odd question but is it normal to be like this. If I’m walking , on a bus etc.. I get nervous every time I see a veichle reversing. What is it with veichles. Reversing reversing (the previous time when I got hit but also didn’t as stayed up was also due to drivers not looking).

If your a driver please remember to check your rear view mirror when reversing, (doesn’t apply to buses or lorry due to their blind spots)

(Also I’m going to carry a spare bike camera battery as annoyingly I didn’t catch Saturday due to low battery.)

Also someone told me that drivers don’t say sorry Incase their admitting fault? Is this true?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Did you get yourself and the bike checked?

classic33

Leg End Member
It's normal after something has happenned to be wary of it happenning again. It'll go in time, no set time period as it's all down to how the person feels.

Echoing the above. Did you mention what happenned at the doctors today?

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

It's normal after something has happenned to be wary of it happenning again. It'll go in time, no set time period as it's all down to how the person feels.

Echoing the above. Did you mention what happenned at the doctors today?
Unfortunately mum didn’t see any point since my ankles fine to her and she forgot because if this she doesn’t want me to get it checked because it seems fine since I’m back to my normal activities without pain as for my bike. It had a bucked wheel and the mech was bent. It costs £35 to fix.

Anyone know how to update a police report? As I need to update with damages.

vickster

Legendary Member
Unfortunately mum didn’t see any point since my ankles fine to her and she forgot because if this she doesn’t want me to get it checked because it seems fine since I’m back to my normal activities without pain as for my bike. It had a bucked wheel and the mech was bent. It costs £35 to fix.

Anyone know how to update a police report? As I need to update with damages.
You need to contact the drivers insurers to claim damages or appoint a lawyer (not worthwhile for £35), it's not done by the police (have they been in touch yet?). If you don't have the details, the police can help with that

Why is it your mum's decision whether you are ok and need to get checked or not. You're 20, you can see the dr alone surely?

However, if it's all better, likely no need and to chalk it down to experience. If you do go through the drivers insurance, do make sure to tell them you were hurt and that although it seems to be better, you'll be keeping a close watch on it and that it did affect your daily activities for x number of days

Last edited:
OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

You need to contact the drivers insurers to claim damages or appoint a lawyer (not worthwhile for £35), it's not done by the police (have they been in touch yet?). If you don't have the details, the police can help with that

Why is it your mum's decision whether you are ok and need to get checked or not. You're 20, you can see the dr alone surely?

However, if it's all better, likely no need and to chalk it down to experience. If you do go through the drivers insurance, do make sure to tell them you were hurt and that although it seems to be better, you'll be keeping a close watch on it and that it did affect your daily activities for x number of days

The thing is even though my ankles better and there’s no pain now. (As it’s been a week) after getting my bike fixed, I tried on way back and my toes litreally feel numb and clicking noise.

No I haven’t heard back. Have any of you guys had any similar experience. How long does it usually take for them to get back (Thames valley here if that helps). I suppose even if they don’t get back. I assume it’s still kept on there record.

Anyway I went to get milk from my corner shop and noticed the exact same car form last Saturday (I’m pretty sure it was the same parked outside where he works so now I’ve got the full number plate
Although the weirdest thing is when I check on dvlas website. It comes up with a ford which isn’t his brand (unless theirs some fords that don’t have the blue ford logo)

As for my ankle/foot I know but I can’t get to my gp as I have no credit to call and I can’t book through online as not registered online.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
If the walk-in centre, posted by Vickster, is nearby, go there.

It seems that everything whilst seeming ok, doesn't feel ok. Given the problem is with your feet I'd be inclined to seek medical help.

As for the police getting back in touch, you might do better getting back in touch rather than waiting for them to contact you.

Top Bottom