Accie's fake Rolex.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
What could possibly have happened is the fraudster opened an account in your name with your card which is linked to your address. He ordered the item to be sent to his address of choice but because of fraud the card companies won't send to an address other than yours registered to the card so it was sent to you.
But why a PS4 instead of a 5 is a mystery.
Otherwise it might just be Robin Hood.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
At face value there is no actual evidence to suggest it is anything other than a monumental c**k up at this stage, so little point reporting it to the dibble as they won't record a fraud. You've certainly not been a victim of fraud (that we know of...yet) so you're not a victim, ergo no crime until someone else approaches the police who has suffered a loss.

I would suggest....

1) Email the firm, explain you didn't order it and they should come and collect it at their expense. Give them 14 days to do so, after which you will dispose of it as you see fit. so long as you give them a reasonable period of time that's fine. Pointy out as well that you are not a customer, and if someone is using your name and address it is not you, and JD are being defrauded.

2) Do a credit check upon yourself, check no one is taking out loans or cards in your name. Clearscore is a free app and good enough for these purposes. If someone has then you are not a victim - you have suffered no loss...yet - but it can cause serious headaches and issues further down the line, so worth checking soonest.

3) If anyone knocks at our door claiming a package has been delivered there in error then do not let them have it. Probably best to deny even receiving it. Obviously, if it's a courier sent by the selling company then that's different.

stephec

Legendary Member
Maybe they'll be a knock at the door tomorrow from the 'courier' who will ask for the wrongly delivered parcel, and off into the sunset will go Mr fraudster with his booty.

I had this some years ago with a company called Studio, next step will be asking you for payment.

You can ignore it but they'll keep sending you demands.

Turned out someone there had fraudulently created an account in my name, it was an absolute ball ache to sort.

Good luck.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Northumbria Police have internet fraud units who follow up phishing and other on-line/ banking criminal activity- there may be current investigations that your experience may link to so I still think it's worth reporting the details to your Costabulary even of you aren't a 'victim' [yet]

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This thread has got me worried. I ordered a fake £140 Rolex watch as a favour for a neighbour and it hasn't arrived yet. Mind you, the company i ordered it from is in the USA, so i suppose it'll take a little longer. After all i only ordered it on Monday.:unsure:

classic33

Leg End Member
I have been. A couple of months ago my card was cloned. But card was stopped (supposedly) at that time, and replacement issued. But what gain does any fraudster get from opening up a catalogue account in my name, then get stuff delivered to me? Unless someone is at the wind-up?
Is JD Williams still trading?

This has all the hallmarks of identity fraud. The usual process is for the first order to be sent to the registered address of the card used to pay and then everything else goes to the delivery address.

As it is a catalogue company a credit check after a month or so should pick up any new credit accounts, in the first month it might just be a search on your file.

Top Bottom