Accie's fake Rolex.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I can't understand the references to "permanently closed" as they are clearly still operating! Their website is live, as is their customer services helpline. And, they are certainly still supplying goods :ohmy:. Perhaps they have simply moved premises.
If that were the case their new address should be on anything sent not the old one

I can't understand the references to "permanently closed" as they are clearly still operating! Their website is live, as is their customer services helpline. And, they are certainly still supplying goods :ohmy:. Perhaps they have simply moved premises.

They are part of the N Brown group. www.nbrown.co.uk along with Ambrose Wilson, Simply Be, Jacamo and probably half a dozen others. N Brown PLC is listed (in the Companies House) as at Griffin House, 40 Lever Street Manchester. If anyone fancies a trip to Manchester, it's a block or so north of Stevenson Square and is an unmistakable newish office building with its name and business name emblazoned on it. Don't know if this will bring it up on Google street view?
Whatever maps etc might say about it being closed, it isn't. A friend of mine worked for them for several years and found them good employers.

vickster

Legendary Member
This thread has got me worried. I ordered a fake £140 Rolex watch as a favour for a neighbour and it hasn't arrived yet. Mind you, the company i ordered it from is in the USA, so i suppose it'll take a little longer. After all i only ordered it on Monday.:unsure:
Hopefully, you won’t get prosecuted for importing counterfeit goods ;) rather than just getting charged additional import duties :whistle:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Hopefully, you won’t get prosecuted for importing counterfeit goods ;) rather than just getting charged additional import duties :whistle:
Well, i won't be doing it again. She mentioned about me buying something else for her when/if this watch eventually arrives. I could start a thread about it, but maybe not yet.:whistle: Seriously though, there's nothing in it for me. I should've said a polite "No i'd rather not", as financial transactions between friends can easily end that friendship.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This thread has got me worried. I ordered a fake £140 Rolex watch as a favour for a neighbour and it hasn't arrived yet. Mind you, the company i ordered it from is in the USA, so i suppose it'll take a little longer. After all i only ordered it on Monday.:unsure:
You might never get it Accy. May be intercepted by US or UK customs. Found this on the net:
"Is it Illegal to Buy Counterfeit Goods? In the U.S., federal law protecting trademarks makes it illegal to knowingly traffic counterfeit goods, which includes the production, sale and transport of such goods."
Why not tell her that there are a wealth of very good Rolex "homage" watches on Ali Express for around the same price.
Can never understand anyone buying a fake, just funds criminality, besides anything else.

Last edited:

Kingfisher101

Über Member
You make it sound like I'm creating a drama out of Wiggle sending me the wrong size of tyre in error.
Completely different circumstances, since you clearly had an account as you were waiting for Puma trainers. In my case, the "drama" is this: I did not open an account with this company. Someone else has, using my details, and is ordering goods on credit - if you care to read the OP..
I have no intention of accepting then returning goods forever more.
Catalogue goods today, followed by what tomorrow.. a car loan, a mortgage?? But that's ok, should I just go fight the debt collectors in court? :ohmy:
No I didn't have an account with the company sending me the ladies slippers.
I do think you are making a drama out of it, obviously its unfortunate but its very easily sorted. You've been advised what to do. No need to be all flashing blue light!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You might never get it Accy. May be intercepted by US or UK customs. Found this on the net:
"Is it Illegal to Buy Counterfeit Goods? In the U.S., federal law protecting trademarks makes it illegal to knowingly traffic counterfeit goods, which includes the production, sale and transport of such goods."
Why not tell her that there are a wealth of very good Rolex "homage" watches on Ali Express for around the same price.
Can never understand anyone buying a fake, just funds criminality, besides anything else.
I can't say that i'm losing sleep over it....yet. I bought it for her thinking it was a genuine legal transaction! No way would i have bought it if i'd have known it was 'illegal'! She presurrised me into buying it! I was daft to say 'yes'. like i said earlier, there is absolutely nothing in it for me! I'm kicking myself for agreeing to it! Why didn't she buy it herself, surely she has a bank account and bank card.🤔 In total it's cost me £128.36 for the watch and £3.83 in bank transfer fees. I'm going to email the seller and ask if it's on its way. If it does get siezed then she owes me £132.19. That'll be fun asking her to cough up! She'll probably say summat like "I didn't tell you to buy off them. I said a British company would be best". This person even said "Don't lend it to him, as lending leads to not being paid back" when another 'friend' asked to borrow £700 off me earlier in the year. She might be genuine, but her lack of contact since i paid for it does have me slightly worried!🤔

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I can't say that i'm losing sleep over it....yet. I bought it for her thinking it was a genuine legal transaction! No way would i have bought it if i'd have known it was 'illegal'! She presurrised me into buying it! I was daft to say 'yes'. like i said earlier, there is absolutely nothing in it for me! I'm kicking myself for agreeing to it! Why didn't she buy it herself, surely she has a bank account and bank card.🤔 In total it's cost me £128.36 for the watch and £3.83 in bank transfer fees. I'm going to email the seller and ask if it's on its way. If it does get siezed then she owes me £132.19. That'll be fun asking her to cough up! She'll probably say summat like "I didn't tell you to buy off them. I said a British company would be best". This person even said "Don't lend it to him, as lending leads to not being paid back" when another 'friend' asked to borrow £700 off me earlier in the year. She might be genuine, but her lack of contact since i paid for it does have me slightly worried!🤔
Did you not get the hint, Accy? Bearing in mind that YOU'RE threads tend to chunter on for a double figure number of pages....

I could start a thread about it
Errrm; yes, please do! 🙄

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Did you not get the hint, Accy? Bearing in mind that YOU'RE threads tend to chunter on for a double figure number of pages....
I seriously can see this starting a thread in the Personal Matters section, but not yet as it's only been 3 weeks since i ordered it. I ordered some trainers from the USA the other year and they took 5 weeks to arrive. I keep saying it, but what was in it for me?! She's just a neighbour i chat to, not a lifelong friend. When i think about it she was a bit cheeky asking me to buy it! I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing though i've never been short of a bob or two as they say, so i've never been in that situation. Even if i was i'd just go without something that's not a necessity, like a fake Rolex watch. Funnily enough she kind of talked me out of moving to another flat the other week, saying "You're safer with a housing association" etc etc. She probably thought 'Heck, muggins the cash cow might be leaving, let's stop him'! Having said all this, i might get an email tomorrow saying the watch is in the courier's van and will arrive today. Even if i do this is the last time i will ever take a risk like this!! :thumbsdown:

Once bitten twice shy!!!!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just remembered. This woman has phoned me twice asking me to pick her up at the bus stop 'as the next bus will be another half hour' and once when she couldn't get a taxi to take her to KFC. She has a bus pass ffs, so i found that cheeky and the one when she asked me to drive her to KFC was totally taking the pee!!

Top Bottom