Accie's fake Rolex.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Update:
Have eventually managed to jump the hurdles through the automated customer service line and got to speak to an actual person (working from home in Cape Town!).
A fraud case has been raised, for which I have a reference number, and a stop put on the fraudulent account. Someone will contact me with regards to returning the PS4..
Did they say if anything else had been ordered/despatched?

Another parcel arrived today from JD Williams. It was left at my door, so no option to decline it! This time, 2 pairs of shorts worth less than £10 :wacko:.
Looks like someone is creating an order history to eventually fool the automated system.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Just return them and get proof of postage. I once had a pair of slippers sent to me with plastic fake jewels stuck all over the top. It was funny because I was waiting for a pair of Puma Trainers at the same time and at first I thought it was them.
I just returned them to the company. No drama.

byegad

Legendary Member
I'd tell your Police HQ Fraud Unit to log it as a fraud, just in case your cloned card is still being used to con people... not sure how they could without money being received first- perhaps JD Williams have sent the parcel to the cloned card's registered address [ie you] rather than the delivery 'address' the cloners use, but it puts you in the clear.
THIS!
It's sounding like a courier fraud. Next there'll be a knock on the door with the 'courier' asking for it back as it was 'sent in error'. Report it to police and card company.

Catalogue goods today, followed by what tomorrow

I think you are right to not take this 'casually' in any way. You need to get to the bottom of it, especially as it is your correct name and address (ie your identity) being abused, without your knowledge or permission in any way. Who knows how it might reflect on you in the future?
If it were happening to me, I'd be down at the nearest bank branch in person - taking a day off work for it if necessary - and contacting whatever fraud policing system is in Scotland to inform them of what's happening. There's also be a recorded delivery letter to JD Williams HO and Citizens Advice (or its Scottish equivalent) would be asked for help and suggestions. And that's just for starters ...

Another thing I might consider doing - given the fairly high-value item that was initially delivered, and certainly if any more high-value items are delivered - is to inform JD Williams that no responsibility can be taken for the secure storage of high-value items fraudulently purchased and/or delivered in error to your address. You might also forward to them copies of the correspondence (if any, and suitably redacted of course) between you, the police and your bank so they know this isn't just someone panicing about a mis-delivered pair of socks.
If your home insurance company offers one of those 'free legal helplines' you might want to consider contacting them in order to clarify how insurance matters stand if multiple high-value items which are not yours are present in your home without your 'permission' as it were ...
I would also go round to all my neighbours and ask them to refuse to accept any deliveries on my behalf, no matter what the delivery person says, and leave a clear notice on my door to the effect that deliveries must NOT be left outside, or with any neighbours, under any circumstances. Of course that wouldn't actually stop someone leaving something outside the door or pushing something small and expensive through the letterbox, but it might limit deliveries somewhat ...

classic33

Leg End Member
Search for them, or other associated companies, brings this sort of result
1636214250471.png

Top Bottom