Achilles / heal / foot pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rykard

Veteran
Hi,

I have got back into exercise a bit more over the last couple of months. The problem is I am getting pain in my achilles at the back of my heel, my heel feels bruised and the underside of my foot (instep) 'aches'.

Is there anything i can do to relieve the pain / fix the problem? It seems to be made worse by walking , driving and cycling.

wafflycat

It depends what the cause of the probelm is as to what the solution will be. Suggest you see a physio or doc for a proper diagnosis of problem first

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Wafflycat is right, you really need to see a physio or doctor, but resting and applying ice to your achilles might also help.

I've had similar symptoms caused by running and needed to have orthotic insoles made for my shoes - but your problem might be completely different and might have a different cause.

wafflycat

Ludwig said:
As you get more used to bike riding, lose weight and adopt a fluid smooth style your injuries should disappear.

That entirely depends upon the cause of the injury. It may be that continued exercise can exacerbate the injury and make it worse. A proper medical diagnosis is required in order to work out what correct treatment is.

Top Bottom