ACSI camping discount card?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
I doubt if you would have space in your panniers to carry that great thick guide book!
I had a similar card issued through the CTC a few years ago. It never did earn me the promised discoounts, but was handy in that the site owners just copied your details off the card when you arrived on site, so no more filling in of foreign language forms. Also some camp sites like to retain your passport, but most were happy to hold on to the card instead, which I preferred.
My card also offered some sort of insurance which this card does not appear to do.
A little more research required before parting with your money perhaps.:eek:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
snorri said:
I doubt if you would have space in your panniers to carry that great thick guide book!
I had a similar card issued through the CTC a few years ago. It never did earn me the promised discoounts, but was handy in that the site owners just copied your details off the card when you arrived on site, so no more filling in of foreign language forms. Also some camp sites like to retain your passport, but most were happy to hold on to the card instead, which I preferred.
My card also offered some sort of insurance which this card does not appear to do.
A little more research required before parting with your money perhaps.:eek:

The Internation Camping Card is not longer available from the CTC. I got mine from the RAC. I found it very useful depite some folk claiming that it wasn't worth having. Around 25% of the camp sites that I used asked for it at the outset. All of the campsites that wanted to retain my passport were happy to retain the card instead. There is substantial third party insurance cover associated with the card.

I'm not sure that the savings are that great. Most of the campsites that I used in France were under €15 with the cheapest coming in at €3.50.

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

Interesting. Good point about the guidebook, I wouldn't want that in the panniers, the card and book are only about 8 quid delivered though, so not much to lose really. I'm tempted by the dvd with all the campsite information as well. If I can take all that info with me on my little tiny EeePC it might be very useful.

raybo

Guru
I'm from the US and will be touring and camping in France in May, 2008. I don't see a way for Americans to get this card. Is it something that can be purchased in France?

Ray

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
raybo said:
I'm from the US and will be touring and camping in France in May, 2008. I don't see a way for Americans to get this card. Is it something that can be purchased in France?

Ray

Ray, the campsites in France are plentiful and generally cheap. You don't need to know where they are, you keep bumping into them. Most large towns and cities have municipal campsites with pitch fees in the €4 - €10 price range.

Top Bottom