Action Camers/Go Pro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MonsterEnergy

Has anyone ever had the experience where there camera has come of there helmet while riding?
my Helmet mount, is only secured by straps through the air vents....And when i go to put it on my head, the mount feels a little wobbly, but it is put on properly.....Would this ever fall off?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It might fall off, and may not make a good vid, so fix it tight.

Ideally you need a gymbal for good flims these days.....

Basically, making videos takes a load of time, and practice runs, and stuff. You'd be better off just riding the bike.

A mate of mine has some great clips of him doing jumps and stuff in slo-mo, yeh it looks great, but asking about his ride, he didn't, they did that jump many times. It will not make you fit ! It won't make you good on a bike !

Since lockdown, he hasn't ridden much. He's fab doing downhill MTB, but you need base fitness to do any of that. I just ride my MTB, as we have the CC MTB Weekend coming up post lock down - lots of bikes, lots of up, lots of down and beer to wash the pain away.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

It might fall off, and may not make a good vid, so fix it tight.

Ideally you need a gymbal for good flims these days.....

Basically, making videos takes a load of time, and practice runs, and stuff. You'd be better off just riding the bike.

A mate of mine has some great clips of him doing jumps and stuff in slo-mo, yeh it looks great, but asking about his ride, he didn't, they did that jump many times. It will not make you fit ! It won't make you good on a bike !

Since lockdown, he hasn't ridden much. He's fab doing downhill MTB, but you need base fitness to do any of that. I just ride my MTB, as we have the CC MTB Weekend coming up post lock down - lots of bikes, lots of up, lots of down and beer to wash the pain away.
how does slow mo work then....I put it in slow motion mode, and then went to take a video, and replayed it but it was in slow motion:wacko:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
to replay it in slow mo, but i just googled it, and said you actually have to edit it...Is that right

Then I'm not following what the problem is. You shot a slo-mo video and it worked.

As for editing footage, what does the camera's manual say? Did it come with software to do that or do you have 3rd party editing software?

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Then I'm not following what the problem is. You shot a slo-mo video and it worked.

As for editing footage, what does the camera's manual say? Did it come with software to do that or do you have 3rd party editing software?
As in, i put it in slow mo mode, and took the video, but when i replayed it, it didn't play in slow mo, it just played like a normal video.
the instructions are rubbish, dosen't even show clearly how to attatch a mount, but managed to do it eventually.
Im wondering if u need a software to actually make the video slow motion?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You've possibly done something wrong. But you'll always have post shot editing to do, even if just cutting the clip. It's likely the camera has upped the frame rate, so when you edit it, it will play in slow motion with a decent amount of frames. Eg, the frame rate might go to 60 FPS. You've still shot a video at normal speed, but when you edit it, and play back at 30 fps, it's at half speed, but still looks fairly smooth. That's how it works.

So, do a bit of tinkering in the software.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

You've possibly done something wrong. But you'll always have post shot editing to do, even if just cutting the clip. It's likely the camera has upped the frame rate, so when you edit it, it will play in slow motion with a decent amount of frames. Eg, the frame rate might go to 60 FPS. You've still shot a video at normal speed, but when you edit it, and play back at 30 fps, it's at half speed, but still looks fairly smooth. That's how it works.

So, do a bit of tinkering in the software.
I don't have a software yet, but if you could reccommend one,,,that will be great.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Regarding the ops original question, do you really want something hard and square attached to your helmet? If you stack and go head first into the ground, that camera is gonna do one of three things.

1: Get squished into a billion plastic particles.
2: Get ripped off its mount and possibly go through a vent in the helmet.
3: Get pushed back through the helmet.

2 & 3 are things I'd be concerned about.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

why does my action camera battery not last for very long. When i googled how long it should work for on full charge, it sayed about 2hrs....mine seems to last for about 30mins or less.
Anyone know why.....
and i dont have wifi or anything on either:angry:

johnnyb47

Guru
Mine lasts around 1,3/4 hours.
To get it to last that long make sure the wi/fi and Bluetooth is switched off. Another thing is to keep the display screen time out to as little as possible.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Mine lasts around 1,3/4 hours.
To get it to last that long make sure the wi/fi and Bluetooth is switched off. Another thing is to keep the display screen time out to as little as possible.
Yp, wifi is off. And i don't have bluetooth on it

Top Bottom