Adjust stem height

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looking at the photo, you've lost a bit of gap, which is weird, when you move the 5th spacer on top. Now, the fourth looks to have 'vanished' a little - I wonder it it's a bit undersized ? Try shuffling the spacers. Remove the fourth, pop the fifth back on and use the fouth on top of the stem. Remember not to tighten the stem bolts much until you've taken out play.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy Welch

Cheers yeah you'd think what you loose on one side you'd gain exactly on the other I'll try shuffling from the bottom many thanks

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That 5th spacer looks slightly smaller than the others. - worth shuffling them around as it looks like the stem is sitting lover than it should.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Almost looks like you only have 3 spacers below stem with spacer on top. But you have 5 spacers below when stem is on top. Is the stem moving down over the top spacer below it, when you have a spacer above?

OP
OP
J

Jimmy Welch

is this a trick, one photo has 5 spacers below, one has 3 below and one above?
Hi guys yep one of the spacers was slightly smaller than the others so needed to accounted for this set up seems perfect lot lower , any tips on keeping a big stack of spacers above the tube , should I cut it ?

Attachments

• IMG_20210622_104420MP.jpg
    IMG_20210622_104420MP.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 10

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Hi guys yep one of the spacers was slightly smaller than the others so needed to accounted for this set up seems perfect lot lower , any tips on keeping a big stack of spacers above the tube , should I cut it ?

Leave it, it’ll be fine, and you might still decide to raise it again.

I’d leave it uncut invade you decide to sell in the future otherwise your limiting your market. Also as you get old your likely to be less flexible and might appreciate the extra stack height.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy Welch

Yeah I think your right although I am 57 and 6"3 but I drove past a window last night and I looked like I was sitting on a unicycle I was that upright I know that this Cannondale has the longest tube in business so hopefully just a bit lower for now will give me a better position , it's still 30cm which is hardly "slammed" is it thanks again

Top Bottom