Admiralty Arch - Trafalgar Square London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LOGAN 5

jmaccyd said:
Crickey! And cabbies come in for stick on this forum about perceived attitudes. Yes, some terrorists who believe in an extreme view of the Muslim faith blew up people on the tube...

why crikey and what have black cabs attitudes got to do with it, they didn't murder anyone:wacko:

The terrorists were Muslims weren't they or shall we pretend they were from some other faith (we can if that makes you more comfortable) who planned and executed the murder of innocent commuters? What happened on 7.7.05 is a big reason why people have turned to cycling/motorcycling.

This is off the thread now so apologies to the OP.

Wey hey!! They've done something about it, widening the lane and adding Chevrons and it seemed to work this morning, just a single lane of traffic. However it did mean all the scooters got through quickly and just clogged up the lane into the ASL, so I don't expect things to be that much better.

jmaccyd

LOGAN 5;447050][quote=jmaccyd said:
Crickey! And cabbies come in for stick on this forum about perceived attitudes. Yes, some terrorists who believe in an extreme view of the Muslim faith blew up people on the tube...

why crikey and what have black cabs attitudes got to do with it, they didn't murder anyone:wacko:

The terrorists were Muslims weren't they or shall we pretend they were from some other faith (we can if that makes you more comfortable) who planned and executed the murder of innocent commuters? What happened on 7.7.05 is a big reason why people have turned to cycling/motorcycling.

This is off the thread now so apologies to the OP.

Well, your posting refer to 'the Muslims' as a generic group, and therefore makes everone of that faith responable for the actions of those brain washed sheep who killed 50 people. I personally refuse to label a whole group in our society because of the actions of a few.

Anyway, I always try and find something in your ramblings to agree with, so yes it is off topic!;)

Cones at Admiralty Arch this morning. although they had got pushed into the cycle lane so that didn't completly work

jollyrog

It was better this morning. Noted the chevrons. Someone had left a couple of plastic cones in the road though that stopped the cars making two lanes at the critical point. I think without the cones, we could be back at square one.

I couldn't help wonder about the stupidity of the police and military this morning though. Some police officers tried to get me to walk my bike on Horse Guards Road (fat chance!) whilst soldiers in red tunics marched up and down on Horse Guards Parade (not the road). Considering these soldiers could do their silly marching and music at any time, I wonder what bright spark decides that they'll do it during the morning rush hour, with the inevitable road closures?

Top Bottom