Admission:- I can't ride no hands !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
Not a good idea to be standing about in the road just beyond the finish line you mean?
That as well.

Riding no hands is ok as long as there are no hazards.

I have enjoyed going over the finish line of sportives with no hands where they do staggered starts and it's a steady trickle of riders, not a large group riding together.

GuyBoden

Guru
You feel the small movements in the front wheel and compensate by constantly slightly shifting your weight. It's a balancing act...............

Sharky

Guru
Easy peasy...

P7300007.JPG

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Speaking of no handed cycling, some years ago I was out cycling with friends when one of them stood on her crossbar with arms outstretched, at speed. It was very impressive - something I'd never seen attempted before (or since). How she got back down on her bike without crashing is a mystery.

We were later married, and she gave me a unicycle on our wedding day - which I've utterly failed to master. So no running away to the circus.

Maenchi

StoneDog
question is.....could you do it when you were younger ? when I was a kid it was no problem ! but recently I couldn't get why i'd lost it even for a few seconds to zip up a jacket was dodgy....then I put a longer stem on and the balance was right.^_^

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
question is.....could you do it when you were younger ? when I was a kid it was no problem ! but recently I couldn't get why i'd lost it even for a few seconds to zip up a jacket was dodgy....then I put a longer stem on and the balance was right.^_^

no never been able to do it ......even as a kid !

Maenchi

StoneDog
I replaced the 90mm stem it came with for a 110mm, it's a mountain bike, but I very rarely go off road, I made it more suitable for road riding, and was pleasantly surprised when I lifted my hands off the bars that I could steer hands free like I used to: (not a regular habit though:ninja:)
Kingrollo; if you did't go hands free as a kid I doubt you'll do it now, best not to, I still just stop to do things rather than winging it and falling off;:okay:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
My mountain bike is perfect for no handed (on the road)
My road bikes are ok, if a little more twitchy.
The fun comes on the tandem... it’s possible, but the bollocking starts fairly quickly!!!

Try riding along with the lightest of pressure on the bars with each of your index finger tips. Remove one from the bars, then the other.

Top Bottom