Admit your ignorance - things you've only just realised/learned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Quora, not quota

Www.quora.com - It isa question and answer site, supposedly. Too easy to get hooked on it IME, and keep answering rubbish questions.

You do have to be careful to block and mute anyone who you see that has dodgy, wierd or downright illegal views

after that it can be useful
but they will keep appearing

a while ago they stopped you being able to report users for constant posts about bad stuff - racist and worse - now you have to report each post individually. So you do get userids that suddenly appear and post hundreds of dodgy posts

It is a site to be careful of - but with a certain level of cynicism and hard skin it can be useful
but it is getting worse

albion

Guru
Quickest way to find the answer for your Google search is to simply avoid clicking the Quora links.
Place of last resort comes to mind. If you get a sensible answer they tend to be generic anyway, meaning you still need to search further.

Chris S

Legendary Member
My gym instructor didn't turn up so we had a virtual class using a video shot in Los Angeles. All the instructors had the same tanned complexion regardless of whether they had African, European or East Asian facial features. Everybody in LA is the same colour!

Gwylan

Veteran
My gym instructor didn't turn up so we had a virtual class using a video shot in Los Angeles. All the instructors had the same tanned complexion regardless of whether they had African, European or East Asian facial features. Everybody in LA is the same colour!

Very odd place.
More of a magnet for the unusual than IKEA Bristol's car park

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Until this week I was ignorant of the fact that Todmorden's Halifax bank branch had closed. That means that there are no longer any banks in the town. Not exactly convenient for elderly customers who don't do online banking...

Dave7

Legendary Member
Until this week I was ignorant of the fact that Todmorden's Halifax bank branch had closed. That means that there are no longer any banks in the town. Not exactly convenient for elderly customers who don't do online banking...

You might find that the post office has a banking facility.....mine does. It can't provide every service but you can pay in or withdraw up to £300.00

oldwheels

Legendary Member

We have a couple of mobile bank vans which come one day per week. We still have Virgin at the north of the island but Bank of Scotland and Royal Bank come over on the ferry.
The Post Office does some banking and I know at least one business who use it for cash deposits.

the fact that Todmorden's Halifax bank branch had closed.

Have you tried the Halifax Todmorden branch?

albion

Guru
I used a CO2 pump for the first time yesterday. It was a revelation! 0-100% in about a second. I hold you all responsible for not letting me know how impressive they are.

Fine if your puncture is fixed. However I do seen batches of the dumped on the side of the road. A strange option compared to a pump, though maybe of some use in an actual race. Carry more than 5.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Hard to say really. Not seen them for ages, maybe because my routes are now more casual.

It was as common to see 2 as it was to see 1.

Almost certainly from “recreational” use of NO2.

With CO2 in tyres there are a couple of cautions. One, if you’re using certain tubeless sealant the use of CO2 can cause it to separate into a watery substance and a load of goo. And two, if you’re inflating a tube the sudden cold blast can freeze the rubber opposite the valve and cause it to burst under pressure.

They are certainly a quick and effective way of getting pressure in a tyre so long as you’re aware of the limitations.

Top Bottom