Adult Tricycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Here’s a better pic of one that hasn’t been ridden into a wall!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I wonder if the hub thing on this is a coaster brake?
It could be if it is American which it look like it is.

OP
OP
J

jdavis1784

Regular
Certainly looks like it.
What are your plans for it @jdavis1784 ?
I am ordering parts to get it moving again. Ride it till winter and start a full tear down lots of sand blasting and painting. I'm excited I've been looking for one for a long time.

OP
OP
J

jdavis1784

Regular
On second thoughts, if it is a coaster brake it would have to be a combined 3 speed and coaster because the OP says "cylindrical gear box with a short chain and a threaded piece coming out of it that you can pull on " which pretty exactly describes a hub gear. So I guess the question is - does it also have an arm sticking out of the other side of the hub.
Yes it does have an arm sticking out of the other side.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'm not looking to sell but just curious what these bike are worth? Are they at all rare?
Nah not rare or valuable but they're great for scaring yourself on, two tips

1- Never put your feet down unless you're getting off the Trike
2 - When cornering keep the 'inside' pedal down with your weight on it, completely opposite to a bike but that weight transfer is needed to keep the inner wheel down on bends Oh and never brake in corners.

C R

Guru

2 - When cornering keep the 'inside' pedal down with your weight on it, completely opposite to a bike but that weight transfer is needed to keep the inner wheel down on bends Oh and never brake in corners.
How difficult is the handling of a trike in general? I imagine that being relatively light weight the rear will be somewhat skittish.

OP
OP
J

jdavis1784

Regular

Cool thanks for the info and the riding tips. I put some air in the tires today they hold enough to ride about a minute! So not much riding time but it is for sure a whole different ball game riding a trike.

Top Bottom