Adult Tricycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Update!
I have replaced all the tires and tubes. The front tire arrived and to. Y surprise it's grey. Apparently the same size is used on wheel chairs who would have thought? It is real a whole new experience to riding. You feel yourself leaning to turn but not with 3 wheels! You real have to go slow to turn that bike goes up on 2 wheels very easily. I have also been working on the shifter and cable for the 3 speed. Its a simple design but takes time to get adjusted. Thankfully there are many YouTube videos to reference. I can post pictures if anyone is interested.
Are you enjoying it though ?

BTW pictures are always welcome, we like pictures. :becool:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I have a similar trike I use at work for carrying fluids to busses(when we are running busses, as we have not done since covid) and it works great in a factory situation or other industrial setting. Mine was bought from the old Mitsubishi plant in Normal, Illinois, where the Eclipse was originally made. Now the plant is Rivian Motors, who make electric cars. Mine was made by Worksman, who still make industrial bicycles and tricycles. Probably will need quite a refurbishment after sitting so long. I later added grips, and removed the seat covering, leaving the bare plastic subform, which is more comfortable.
1601636198497.png

OP
OP
J

jdavis1784

Regular
Are you enjoying it though ?

BTW pictures are always welcome, we like pictures. :becool:
Update!
I have replaced all the tires and tubes. The front tire arrived and to. Y surprise it's grey. Apparently the same size is used on wheel chairs who would have thought? It is real a whole new experience to riding. You feel yourself leaning to turn but not with 3 wheels! You real have to go slow to turn that bike goes up on 2 wheels very easily. I have also been working on the shifter and cable for the 3 speed. Its a simple design but takes time to get adjusted. Thankfully there are many YouTube videos to reference. I can post pictures if anyone is interested.
20201005_094057.jpg
20201005_094130.jpg
20201005_094110.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thanks. I'm a car mechanic so I use whatever works haha. I knew there was some kind of bracket to hold that in place. A jubilee clip is a new term to me I enjoyed that! Is that a European thing?
A British thing, a bit like Vacuum Cleaners are known as Hoovers over here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jubilee_Clip

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I have a similar trike I use at work for carrying fluids to busses(when we are running busses, as we have not done since covid) and it works great in a factory situation or other industrial setting. Mine was bought from the old Mitsubishi plant in Normal, Illinois, where the Eclipse was originally made. Now the plant is Rivian Motors, who make electric cars. Mine was made by Worksman, who still make industrial bicycles and tricycles. Probably will need quite a refurbishment after sitting so long. I later added grips, and removed the seat covering, leaving the bare plastic subform, which is more comfortable. View attachment 550258
I did actually shoot an email off to worksman last year from here in the UK about shipping prices. Knowing it wasn't going to be cheap, they essentially laughed at me in their response email, which i thought was fair enough. :tongue:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I did actually shoot an email off to worksman last year from here in the UK about shipping prices. Knowing it wasn't going to be cheap, they essentially laughed at me in their response email, which i thought was fair enough. :tongue:
I could only imagine, what with how heavy those cycles are, the shipping must be astronomical. By ship, maybe less so, if you needed a lot of other things and could lease a container. They make industrial cycles, mainly for factories, as well as a folding model. I don't know if they still make the folder, but it is a far cry from a Brompton or Montague.

classic33

Leg End Member
I could only imagine, what with how heavy those cycles are, the shipping must be astronomical. By ship, maybe less so, if you needed a lot of other things and could lease a container. They make industrial cycles, mainly for factories, as well as a folding model. I don't know if they still make the folder, but it is a far cry from a Brompton or Montague.
How many would fit in a container.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I have a similar trike I use at work for carrying fluids to busses(when we are running busses, as we have not done since covid) and it works great in a factory situation or other industrial setting. Mine was bought from the old Mitsubishi plant in Normal, Illinois, where the Eclipse was originally made.

I've occasionally seen trikes used in large electronics production facilities by maintenance staff or for delivering components to the production lines.

Top Bottom