Advantages of cycling for Introverts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
There's an increasing body of evidence that introverts brains work differently: we seem to process information differently using more sections of our brains, so it becomes stressful to be in a "social" situation because we can't respond fast enough.

I'm familiar with the "People think you're weird" thing as well, but that just shows how extroverts rather naturally have created a culture where extroversion is the norm.

I've had that issue since childhood and it is exhausting being forced to be an extrovert in an extroverted world when you're an introvert.

Add ADHD into the mix and it's just hell at times. Cycling keeps that at bay and weights at the gym, during the quietest times so I have the place to myself (almost). Pop on the headphones and I'm happy to be left alone for an hour or so.

Social situations are fine as long as I can escape for a bit, recharge and come back. People do think I'm rude, and a few to such an extent that they don't talk to me much now. But, their loss, not mine. I cannot change who I am and I'm fed up being forced to be someone I'm not.

Top Bottom